The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Karagga's Palace Loot Acquisition Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Phase 2 is all about getting loot, whether that is from drops in content, purchased from vendors, or crafted. We want your thoughts! One of the few places where loot drops are fully implemented is Karagga's Palace. If you are an Ops player looking to understand loot acquisition, please run Karagga's Palace in any difficulty.

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?
  • Were you getting items you expected to get?

Make sure to be specific in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

Hey folks,

Phase 2 is all about getting loot, whether that is from drops in content, purchased from vendors, or crafted. We want your thoughts! One of the few places where loot drops are fully implemented is Karagga's Palace. If you are an Ops player looking to understand loot acquisition, please run Karagga's Palace in any difficulty.

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?
  • Were you getting items you expected to get?

Make sure to be specific in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric

If loot is implemented properly in SM KP, then it's horrible.

• No personal loot
  • Bosses dropping one unassembled 236 piece, 236 vendors not even there
  • No individual Reknown XP packs.
  • One set piece dropping off Karagga, not unassembled.

Compare to running Vet HS, which drops 2-4 pieces of personal loot per boss - I can't see SM Ops being a gearing option at this point. I don't expect that each boss would drop a set piece, but at the very least they should have the same personal loot tables as HS bosses.

• No personal loot

Compare to running Vet HS, which drops 2-4 pieces of personal loot per boss - I can't see SM Ops being a gearing option at this point. I don't expect that each boss would drop a set piece, but at the very least they should have the same personal loot tables as HS bosses.

Completely agree here. Either something's not set up correctly on PTS, or the loot drops need drastically improved. If we're to be 'swimming in gear' and Ops being the best method of getting set pieces....we need more than the last boss dropping them (and more than 1 piece!).

Did a story mode KP, it was an absolute disaster!

- No personal loot of any kind from any boss

- one piece of random green unmoddable, non-set bonus gear dropped off each boss

- one gold set bonus dropped off final boss for a jugg (the jugg in the group didn't even win it)

You can't expect us to tolerate green vendor trash gear being dropped in operations?@!?!!!??!?!!! Seriously??? That's the kind of gear you get from heroics and dailies? Why the hell would anyone want to get that in Operations? There is zero accomplishment in getting green gear. It is not rewarding in the slightest.

SM bosses MUST drop moddable set bonus gear off of every boss, I'm not saying it all has to be bloody gold. But please make the content worth doing! Make the time investment worthwhile!

Now lets once again discuss gearing based on item rating (I've already discussed it in another post here http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9759045&postcount=23)

Let me use KP as an example of why gearing based on item rating is an absolute disaster. So as I mentioned above, we got a gold set piece for a juggernaut off of the final boss. Everyone rolled on it and the Jugg, naturally didn't get it. Because gearing is entirely based off item level, EVERYONE is forced to roll on gear they don't even need.

You are basically forced to wear any piece of gear you can get your hands on, that's a better item rating then what you have on, even if it's not designed for your class and/or the stats are complete trash just so you can try and maybe get an item drop you can use!

Now at least with gold gear, you can't equip it unless you're the same base class. But that doesn't mean a Marauder won't roll 'need' on a Jugg piece just to try and get a better item rating so they can get better gear.

Oh and let's not forget master loot ninjaing that is inevitably going to make a comeback. Yay!

This system is disgusting and it needs to change desperately!

I am very concerned that an sm op drops green gear.... green gear is vendor gear.... we should be getting moddable purple or yellow gear from ops. Doesn't need to be top tier nim gear... but what's the point of using an op to gear if it drops green level gear. I like most of what I've seen so far but this is a HUGE red flag for me. If this isnt changed b4 live I foresee a mass exodus similar to when command crates were first introduced.

• No personal loot

He said it all. Did KP SM this morning, it was horrible, I got 236 gear tokens and vendors for those tokens doesnt even exist. Where's the logic behind it, getting 236 tokens when my toon is in full 258 gear?

Only the last boss dropped 270 gold jugg item and there was 8 of us in the group, 8 ppl, 1 item from the whole OPS that is usable. That's horrible. Feels like 5.0 all over again and that's far from good.

did the first 2 bosses in KP HM before having to leave for work,

on the first boss we got 1 iokath unassembled piece, 1 renown boost, a 246 mod blueprint and one of the new crafting materials, in addition to this only 1 person in the group recieved any tech components

for second boss, in addition to all but 1 carbonize droid spawning inside the wall we got 1 sorc dps set piece bracers, 1 of the new material, 1 blue print but this time apparently no one recieved any tech components.

Overall the gear acquisition needs to be straight up fixed/reworked if this is to be tested at all in the coming days/weeks

So as someone who has played this game since launch off and on, being a part of a few prog raiding groups and even some top tier stuff. I can say HM KP was never that hard but however you are trying to level sync the player down is all wrong. I mean honestly stuff just melts and this is in level 70 green gear on a HM KP.... I can only imagine just how easy this level sync down has made Nightmare raids. I can agree with you and say I think bolster down is much better then scaling up old content. However I think there still needs to be a challenge. If I can so candidly say take a page from WoW and how they have time walking raids and dungeons and that will get you closer.

Also we did Tactical Hammer Station and it was such a joke that no kolto stations were even needed. I miss the way the loot system was in 1.0 aside from no assembled pieces. Why can you not make the loot system like it was in classic SW. When HM FPs dropped similar gear to SM Raids and things were worth grinding. A little grind is not bad. Also this whatever thing where you can change the stats on stuff and it costs and arm and a leg? Not sure about that. Honestly if you hear anything I am saying please do not shoot yourselves in the legs by watering down the content please.