Hammer Station Loot Feedback

EricMusco

Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?

I entered Hammer Station MM wearing 248-258 gear. Most of the upgrades were slightly better, some of them were on par with gear I had. After 3 Hammers (2 MM, 1 Vet) my inventory was flooded with green gear. I think it works as intended.

Were you getting items you expected to get?

I didn’t expect good stuff, and I didn’t get it.

I don’t think Hammer station should be rewarding, honestly, even the MM version. I’d prefer there were some sort of tiers among MM FPs since some of them are significantly harder, require more effort and thus should provide better rewards. Let’s say:

1) Vanilla ones (from Hammer to False Emperor): last boss drops 1 piece of gear with setbonus or tactical;

2) SoR ones + Czerka + Ragkhouls: LB drops 2 pieces of gear;

3) Umbara, Copero, Nathema and Corellia: LB drops 4 pieces of gear, one for each player.

We weren’t able to kill bonus boss so I couldn’t check what kind of loot it provides. I’d prefer them dropping at least 1 decent item like last bosses since some of them may be harder than anything else in the FP.

After too many tech fragments from de medpacks, I got myself to item rating 301 and decided to run few vet HS to see what bosses drop. On first run on second boss i have got a 304 bracers upgrade to my 300 bracers. after 3 vet HS that was the highest item other items range from 272 to 300, 4items 300, 2items 298 and other things, I also run one heroic to get one renown crate since it was close and i got 304ear out of the box.

I think allowing this high of item rating dropping from vetran FP and as easy as hammer station will disincentivize running harder group content, this will lead to smaller end game pool of players cause why should i be social and group and improve my play in mmo when I can just run this one flashpoint over and over, get highest gear and claim I am ready to tackle harder content cause I have the highest item rating so i must be ready, right.

I think there should cap on what gears drops from vet flashpoints and maybe add tiers that newer and harder flashpoints drop better gear ...

Also the drop rate of armorings/mods/enhancments is way to low how should I min/max my modable set bonus shells?

As of right now i do not like this RNG way of gearing just make loot tables and stick them on bosses so we know what we get a chance for.

Also here is idea add more missions similar to the aratech mounts, something like kill 2nd boss in operation x kill 4th boss in operation y and it will reward me with a pet or mount or cosmetic piece of gear.

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?

Frequency of drops were acceptable. Where any of them upgrades in 5 runs of VM and MM? No.

Everything I got was either a downgrade or sidegrade from what I had, or had inappropriate stats, like one 276 autocannon with shield and defense
    :rolleyes:

• Were you getting items you expected to get?

After a fashion, I suppose so. My expectations were pretty low. Most group rolls off bosses were for grade 11 mats (meh). Last boss dropped more interesting stuff, including tactical slot gear. But, every one of these drops were for tanks. Not that I'm complaining. Healers like their tanks geared. Then again, groups like their healers to be geared too.

Of course, VM HS shows that gearing doesn't matter a whole lot at 75. A couple of the VM runs had players in the group with iLvl of 77 (main and off hand filled, rest of slots in level 1 greens or empty.) They did fine as long as they didn't get clocked by the trash.

• Did you feel you were getting upgrades fast enough? Too slowly?

Frequency of drops were acceptable. Where any of them upgrades in 5 runs of VM and MM? No.

Everything I got was either a downgrade or sidegrade from what I had, or had inappropriate stats, like one 276 autocannon with shield and defense
    :rolleyes:

• Were you getting items you expected to get?

After a fashion, I suppose so. My expectations were pretty low. Most group rolls off bosses were for grade 11 mats (meh). Last boss dropped more interesting stuff, including tactical slot gear. But, every one of these drops were for tanks. Not that I'm complaining. Healers like their tanks geared. Then again, groups like their healers to be geared too.

Of course, VM HS shows that gearing doesn't matter a whole lot at 75. A couple of the VM runs had players in the group with iLvl of 77 (main and off hand filled, rest of slots in level 1 greens or empty.) They did fine as long as they didn't get clocked by the trash.

I feel like Bioware focuses on gear because that is the easiest way for people to improve. It's like an entitled welfare system. Then these entitled folks go into SM content where they are boosted and damn...they think they are superb players. SM content where mechanics are nerfed or just plain removed from content. It's a big awakening entering Vet and or Master mode content and they fail miserably. I would like to go back to the day where the very best gear is available in end content. Or perhaps a compromise of sorts and you can get better "something" in MM content. Maybe higher armorings, or hilts. Or augments. Something that you can only get in doing end content. That may give incentive to some folks to actually improve their output and their raid awareness and not just focus on shiny gear stats to carry them through content.