The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Amplifier Acquisition Feedback

EricMusco

Hey, I don´t understand why there are some armor sets that have only crafting relevant amplifiers and others have only battle oriented ones.

Will this be changed later? I really don´t need/want crafting amplifiers when all I do is run Flashpoints and operations :)

Maybe create an set bonus armor for crafters and that has only crafting/gathering amplifiers?

So crafters would be happy and I could get the ones I need (force harmonization).

Edited by Ahwassa

My biggest concern is that they are working as it does nothing to affect your current stats. There should be a window that shows their combined effects and how this changes your damage, defense, or healing. They are confusing to say the least. I have not rerolled a single piece so I had to look up how to do this. My tool tips windows popped open and told me a bunch of stuff I already knew and nothing from what is now on the pts or it was just too much and I closed it not getting to that tip because of all the other tips I would have had to wade through..

They also need to keep their descriptors when put into the legacy bank as pulling them out and then porting to another strong hold is a pain in the behind just to see what they can do. I want to see a visible change to my numbers as far as bonus damage or healing or absorb is concerned. The rest is just cheese for crafting so I don't need to see that. Just what affects my current melee, tech, force, and defense.

My biggest concern is that they are working as it does nothing to affect your current stats. There should be a window that shows their combined effects and how this changes your damage, defense, or healing. They are confusing to say the least. I have not rerolled a single piece so I had to look up how to do this. My tool tips windows popped open and told me a bunch of stuff I already knew and nothing from what is now on the pts or it was just too much and I closed it not getting to that tip because of all the other tips I would have had to wade through..

They also need to keep their descriptors when put into the legacy bank as pulling them out and then porting to another strong hold is a pain in the behind just to see what they can do. I want to see a visible change to my numbers as far as bonus damage or healing or absorb is concerned. The rest is just cheese for crafting so I don't need to see that. Just what affects my current melee, tech, force, and defense.

There is an Amplifiers button on the character sheet that will display were each of the amplifier bonuses you have apply.

Whenever I try to put gear or mods that have Amplifiers into the Legacy Cargo Hold, they'll be stripped of their Amplifiers when I return later whether on the same character or a different character. The amplifier description text for each slot will be "textField". After this point Recalibrate doesn't work on such gear either.

Also, I haven't been able to Recalibrate an amplifier on an ear or implant or any other item with fixed stats. Recalibrate does work on mod gear and set bonus gear however.

Hey folks,

The purpose of this thread is to provide feedback specifically on the acquisition of amplifiers. Keep in mind this thread is not to share thoughts on the effectiveness of amplifiers, that will be covered in a later phase of PTS. In fact, most amplifiers either do not function, or do something different than what is listed. Also, note that not all amplifiers are implemented yet, so expect to see some additional amp effects in a later PTS build. Refer to the known issues list for specifics. Here are some things to keep in mind when providing feedback:

• Were you able to easily understand what amplifiers you have and what they do? (from the UI only)
  • Do you understand how to reroll/change an amplifier?
  • Does the cost for changing amplifiers feel right? Too high or too low?

Thanks all!

-eric

The questions above make total sense. However, I don't see the changes in the overall numbers. We are to assume that if we rolled a total of 10.2 expertise through out the amp roles, that we will receive 10 points min against power as a whole......or is this an added roll to the overall RNG roll when trying to kill things?