The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tech Parts Vendor

DarthBatemanJ

So, someone please correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but my understanding of the Tech Parts (Chuck Buck) vendor was that you could buy a slot specific piece of gear that was still relevant to your class.

I ask this because I believe Musco got a Tank Headpiece on his operative on the Livestream. This seemed quite odd to me.

From my understanding of the stream, the vendor you are describing is basically Slot-Specific RNG. You can choose what slot, but you pay money and get whatever it decides...meh, it’s a credit and tech sink sounds like.

The only actual way to buy the exact piece you want is from Kai Zykken. Only on weekends, and only if he’s selling it that weekend. And it costs 1mil credits + 1500 tech. Another credit/tech sink, but at least you know what you are getting.

Say what you will about BioWare and RNG, but it’s very clear that RNG is here to stay. It’s just another version of the early Command system.

(I want that log mount!)

From my understanding of the stream, the vendor you are describing is basically Slot-Specific RNG. You can choose what slot, but you pay money and get whatever it decides...meh, it’s a credit and tech sink sounds like.

The only actual way to buy the exact piece you want is from Kai Zykken. Only on weekends, and only if he’s selling it that weekend. And it costs 1mil credits + 1500 tech. Another credit/tech sink, but at least you know what you are getting.

Say what you will about BioWare and RNG, but it’s very clear that RNG is here to stay.

I don't get is why they insist in RNG availablity. Why don't they just put "cheap" RNG piece and "expensive" specific piece.

And side note, i would like to see what gear rating we get from Ops. Because if we only get increments of 2 rating (like we saw in the stream) we will need like 19 "small tiers" farm to get from 268 to the 306 we saw in PTS 1.5.