The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

State of PTS

omeru

Less than 45 days to release and PTS feels like game is still in pre-alpha stage. I think it would be wise to set release date to a more realistic date and release a polished game instead of BW classic rusjed, unpolished, bug filled release. I wont mind waiting 2-3 months more just to have a better experience instead of a terrible one.

Mate if you are expecting a polsihed release might as well set the release of 6.0 for 2020, around september. Bioware normally takes around 8 months to balance their balance problems, just look at how long it took them to make mercs not 1 v 4 in ranked, around 4 to 8 months.... so yeah... Besides it will be a failure anyway. We have no input or can even try the new planets, i understand the story to not be available, but at least the planets and random missions so we can prevent issues like the meat tree, back when 3.0 was laucnhed, when flocks of ppl were standing next to it, or the issue with revan where ppl needed to rely on rng to actually complete the mission, had a guildy who had to fight that battle 48 times until rng was nice to him.... could go on, but don't think it is needed

Basically, we have 6 weeks till September 24, the last Tuesday in September, which is their last chance to roll out 6.0 in the month of September.

As of right now, middle of August, were still on PTS 1.5 and it's apparently a mess. To the point they had to take it down.

We haven't even started PTS 2.0 and you know the bugs will be crawling all over that.

Honestly, I'd be fine with them delaying release for another month (October) and hopefully that's all they need. Releasing new stuff around the holidays (November and December) has always proven to be a bad since everyone except the janitor at Bioware goes on vacation till mid January, leaving us to deal with the bugs, exploits, problems till they come back.

...so we can prevent issues like the meat tree

Ah, the meat tree. good memories.

Edited by Banthabreeder