Lana Romance?

JokerGamez

Erm... I don't know what's wrong. But after I used Valkorion's power on Asylum. It doesn't give me the option to romance Lana. I was playing through this character so I could romance Lana. It never gave me any warning about if you use Valkorion's power a second time you can't romance her.

Please, can anyone explain thanks?

Erm... I don't know what's wrong. But after I used Valkorion's power on Asylum. It doesn't give me the option to romance Lana. I was playing through this character so I could romance Lana. It never gave me any warning about if you use Valkorion's power a second time you can't romance her.

Please, can anyone explain thanks?

It didn't give you that warning because that's not what causes the romance to fail.

There are bugs in the process, and there's an atrocity in story-steering design, all of which contribute to failing the romance, and there are allegedly some actions that can obstruct it (notably, as you'd expect, failing to flirt).

So, let's start with the atrocity. If you get to the cantina conversation in Chapter IX, and the bugs haven't bitten you, and you've flirted with Lana all the way from Chapter III / IV, then you will talk to Theron and see a wheel that looks like this (I call it the "atrocity wheel"):

1. I'd like to speak with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I'd like to speak with one of you.

For some classes, the wording is different, "I'd like to see one of you," but in all cases, it's the same words in both options.

If you want to romance the person you're speaking to, pick option TWO, because it does *not* mean, "I'd like to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron." No, it means, "I'd like to flirt with one of you with an eye to taking that one as my lover." If you pick option 2, the conversation that follows will include a [Flirt] option that will put up a "you're starting a romance" warning popup. Click on CONFIRM to lock the romance, and then continue through to the end of the chapter.

If you pick option 1 in the atrocity wheel, you get a different option instead of the [Flirt] in the conversation, and that's it, the romance is lost.

(I call it the "atrocity wheel" because it's an atrocious way of designing this choice.)

I mentioned bugs. There are some, and probably the most important (in this context) is the one that occurs if you start KotFE and, before you reach Chapter IX, there is a patch. In this case, the game tends to forget that it should show option 2 on the atrocity wheel. It's theoretically possible to bail out of the conversation, play a different (earlier) chapter and then come back to Chapter IX, and pick Theron's flirts when he arrives on Odessen. In that case the game will correctly recalculate what it should show you, and you'll get to romance Lana (or Koth - the same bugs can affect his romance). In theory, anyway.