The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ch VI Dragons Maw - find Vaylin

Protoaloe

Is this for real??? you fight through this section and basically at the end of it you run through that area like an idiot in circles basically with all 'roads' leading to another road leading you back into a circle and after doing this for half hour or more I have to admit that SWTOR devs are taking it too far to fill in lack of ideas with making repetitive dungeons and fights just to drag out the game!!!

Has anybody got any idea how to end this Chapter without going nuts? Advice appreciated, insults: grow up

Edited by Protoaloe

The key thing to keep in mind is that this chapter is, unlike most of the others(1), a *puzzle* rather than a fighting quest. The back-and-forth mechanic is part of the puzzle. Near the end, it reverts to a set of fights (and part of the puzzle is finding a way to make some of the fights easier), with a strong element of "only fools rush in" to one of them.

That said, it's far from my most favourite of the chapters, but far from my least favourite as well.

(1) KotFE Chapter XV (raiding the GEMINI ship) has a chunk of "puzzle" to it, and for some of the bonuses in the Iokath chapters (IV / V), there's a small amount.

Thx but I have already done heaps of fights up to now, so everything in the area is dead : maybe by reloggingthey come alive and I can fight all of them again and then run circles for another hour to hope that maybe the game lets me "go on" with the game.

Thx but I have already done heaps of fights up to now, so everything in the area is dead : maybe by reloggingthey come alive and I can fight all of them again and then run circles for another hour to hope that maybe the game lets me "go on" with the game.

So you went up from the basement to the ground floor, then up the stairs in the lobby at the front (where the big "only fools rush in" fight happens), then worked your way round to the back where the elevator to the roof is? The "puzzle" remains strong in this one even at the end, as the routes through the building reconfigure at each stage.

Or you've found a bug. That's always possible.

EDIT: I'm aware that the comment about the bug doesn't solve your problem and that it might be read as flippant and/or facetious. It was meant to point out that while the chapter *is* (can be?) frustrating even when it works correctly, the behaviour you're describing doesn't match my experience of the chapter, and others haven't reported it either, and an obvious explanation for *that* is that you have somehow set off a rare bug. (There are "only affects a few" bugs in the game, just as there are in any other program, and they can be frustrating because nobody can help you, and they may in fact not believe your description.)

Edited by SteveTheCynic