The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dual Saber Hilts

The dual saber hilts are far too big and they look terrible sitting on the belt.

Either make more of these sit on the back or better still, create some awesome dual hilts that are a LOT smaller.

Look to the Devastator hilt for inspiration, it has a lot of detail and is a good size.

As someone who has been maining a Sith Assassin for years I'm fine with the saberstaffs as they are, while I wouldn't mind having them on our back instead of our "belt" I don't see an issue with size. As the animations were done for that size of saberstaff and not smaller types of double-bladed lightsabers, so if we had something like Exar Kun's hilt it'd look awkward with the current animations. And I doubt Bioware will re-do the entire Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow animations to fit in that type of saberstaff.

As someone who has been maining a Sith Assassin for years I'm fine with the saberstaffs as they are, while I wouldn't mind having them on our back instead of our "belt" I don't see an issue with size. As the animations were done for that size of saberstaff and not smaller types of double-bladed lightsabers, so if we had something like Exar Kun's hilt it'd look awkward with the current animations. And I doubt Bioware will re-do the entire Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow animations to fit in that type of saberstaff.

But that is not what I am asking

I want some new ones that are small and I would like the big ones to sheathe on the back for asthetic reasons, the animations are already in place for both and do not need to change.

I want some new ones that are small and I would like the big ones to sheathe on the back for asthetic reasons, the animations are already in place for both and do not need to change.

Fair enough.

Except that they can't be smaller (shorter) than the separation of the character's hands, unless you like watching your character holding a double-bladed lightsabre by its blades. That imposes a strict limit on how short they can be.

Except that they can't be smaller (shorter) than the separation of the character's hands, unless you like watching your character holding a double-bladed lightsabre by its blades. That imposes a strict limit on how short they can be.

Thats true but there are already models in the game of the size I desire, the one referenced in the first post for instance.

Personally, I think they should make a weapon that can do one of these two things:

1. Ignite only one blade and use as a single saber, like Darth Maul did on Tatooine in Phantom Menace.
  2. Make a saber staff that breaks away into 2 sabers for dual-wielding.

Of course, these suggestions would blur the lines between Marauder/Sentinel and Assassin/Shadow and would likely require new animations, but I can dream. :D