The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

All these gear sets

ArreynGrey

So this is something I noted in a post on the Sorc set bonus feedback thread, and it's been bothering me since word first got out about the spec-specific set bonuses. It's bothering me more now that I'm on the PTS looking at these 4 and 6 piece set bonuses (and wondering which ones I'm less interested in...). Quite simply, where are we supposed to keep all this crap? I'm going to have to carry, either in my inventory or my cargo bay, what feels right now like half the sets in the game. At least one for heals, one for PvE dps, one for PvP dps... at least. I've been playing this game for four years now... my inventory is already pretty crowded. Where do you expect me to keep all this stuff?

I've been pushing for this for a while now, because we desperately need it: more inventory space. Please, god, can we have more inventory/cargo hold/legacy space? Or bags (like WoW) where we can sort of stack things in cargo bays (for those who don't know the system, you put items in a bag, then put the bag in your bank/cargo bay)? People have been playing this game for YEARS, we're running out of space. I have four cargo bay tabs just filled with cosmetic gear, stuff that can't be unlocked in collections.

A simple solution to this, in addition to just giving us more space and the ability to stack things, would be to put toys (the health regen ones, fireworks, snowballs, jawagrams, etc) in a "Toys" tab of the ability window, like mounts and pets. That way they're not taking up inventory/cargo hold space.

I know this is off topic just a little bit, but honestly, this is related to the current content updates! If we're going to have to carry multiple gear sets just to have on hand when switching spec and content type, it seems only fair to implement realistic solutions for how to accommodate that.

ALSO this is just a tiny pet peeve, but I feel like it really affects our quality of life while we're trying to figure out these sets: gear item naming. I'm trying to sort out which gear pieces I want, and because they're all named differently (headgear vs mask, "belt of dire retaliation" vs "endless offensive belt") some of the sets are all together in the list of items, some of them are sorted by "boots" or "belt," and some of them are all by themselves (the one lone mask...). Some consistency in naming here would honestly be really nice, to prevent annoying scrolling through the gear menus (since we don't have a search bar for vendor windows).

Edited by ArreynGrey

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that we have the crafting mat inventory now, I even waited until it came up on the PTS to respond to this... it's just not enough. Yay, we get a tab or two back from cargo holds and legacy storage, I know we even got one more tab for each of those as well... but that changes nothing for inventory space. I have my field cargo and legacy holds on the shortest CD possible, but still. How hard would it be to put the "health and energy regen" toys into their own tab in the abilities menu just like mounts and pets, instead of making us carry them around? They're one of the cosmetic things we're supposed to spend *actual* money on, and yet I know I don't buy nearly as many of them because I don't have space to put them. Seriously, not even for 6.0, just sometime coming up, please put toys in their own tab on the abilities menu? Maybe give us a "random regen" button like the ones we have for mounts and pets?

Similarly, a tab like the crafting mat inventory, but for medpacks, stims, adrenals, even grenades.... that would be really amazing. I'm just trying to be organized, and not have to sit here with my inventory at 53/80 before I even loot anything.

Edited by ArreynGrey