The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Pricing Model

...I don't really like the cartel prices. Stuff is so expensive it seems like price gouging to me. Dyes for instance don't seem like they should be worth more than a hundred ccs. Also it feels criminal the way item prices often go just a smidge over a package of ccs so you have to buy multiple sets of ccs. Yeah I get that you can get ccs other ways than buying them but it is clear that the prices were set that way intentionally. I really wish the pricing model would just change to something reasonable.

If the prices bother you, wait until some other player buys it and then purchase it from GTN via credits.

Using CC's isn't the only method to get CM gear.

Considering the multitude of ways to get credits, I myself just buy off GTN and use my cartel coins to unlock the best items, like my Infernal Vulptilla, across my account.

(Which basically means hoarding coins until the special promotion where such unlocks get discounted).

The kind of practices I really hate are things like buying character customization packs, but still have to spend cartel coins (even at a discount) to apply them to my characters. In virtually every other game I have played, when you buy things like that, you can use them at the barber without having to effectively spend irl money, which is what spending your cartel coins is, no matter how small the amount is. It's those seemingly little things that annoy me about this game and the way they handle monetization, especially in a game where there are so many different armor and weapon skins you can use, and switch between on a whim, it would be nice to switch up how the rest of your character looks in order to match your outfitting changes without having to spend cartel coins. At least for things like hairstyles/complexions/makeup/tattoos. I would rather they cost credits (a reasonable amount). Especially for people who are subscribed to the game. Edited by Jesira

The kind of practices I really hate are things like buying character customization packs, but still have to spend cartel coins (even at a discount) to apply them to my characters. In virtually every other game I have played, when you buy things like that, you can use them at the barber without having to effectively spend irl money, which is what spending your cartel coins is, no matter how small the amount is.

This is something that really bothers me as well.

I'd find it pretty logical to pay CC to change a character's species or bodytype for instance as it basically becomes a whole new character.

But paying CC everytime i only want to change my toon's hairstyle is very annoying, especially when you have a cool outfit but the collar is too wide and clips through the hair