jugg tank in pvp

Tanqueray

I'm not going to argue with those numbers! That is impressive! I don't and never have played for damage numbers, I haven't come close to what you have. 3 mil is my best as I usually focus on protection far more than anything else. I personally don't guard swap in regs. DPS are expendable and any time I have taken guard off my healer, good DPS have noticed and focused her. DPS die and return quick enough, I find better results by protecting the healer alone, and since we can hold off half the opposing team just the two of us, I rarely get into a pickle before DPS return.

I agree about DPSers, but if your healer isnt attacked but some mara/snip is getting ganked to the point where your healer is barely keeping him alive, swapping your guard on your dpser will save his life. I dont swap often in regs unless there are 2 healers and me (tank) buf if I can save my team mate (dps) from dying, I will, unless he goes kamikaze alone vs 4 of them, thats just dumb in my eyes. :D

I agree about DPSers, but if your healer isnt attacked but some mara/snip is getting ganked to the point where your healer is barely keeping him alive, swapping your guard on your dpser will save his life. I dont swap often in regs unless there are 2 healers and me (tank) buf if I can save my team mate (dps) from dying, I will, unless he goes kamikaze alone vs 4 of them, thats just dumb in my eyes. :D

Agreed, and funny, you see a lot of Kamakaze DPS players in regs!:D

I personally run 2k crit with 1900 alac for guard swap gcd. Tbh running high alac or low alac comes down to personal preference, i prefer having the faster guard swaps XD

Same here, faster guard swaps, faster everything. At break point 2 things are a lot faster. May I ask how you arrived at 1900 alacrity? What is your gear rating?

Same here, faster guard swaps, faster everything. At break point 2 things are a lot faster. May I ask how you arrived at 1900 alacrity? What is your gear rating?

253 item rating

2 alac enhancements, 1 implant, 12 alac augments

5 crit enhancements, 1 implant, 1 earpiece, 2 crit augments

253 item rating

2 alac enhancements, 1 implant, 12 alac augments

5 crit enhancements, 1 implant, 1 earpiece, 2 crit augments

Okay that makes sense. I'm running 1859 at 258 with 240 augs. But now that Ive been corrected with regards to crit I need to get on the dummy with different crit levels.

Could you guys post the pics/ss of your stats?

I don't have a photobucket account to link a screen shot anymore, but here you go.

258 item rating + 240 augs.

Mastery 8040

Endurance 9768 (142378 HP)

Power 5113

Crit 1710 (just raised this up from 1413)

Alacrity 1859

Mastery + Power stim

Primary damage 4567 - 5389

Bonus damage 2923.2

Crit chance 43.49%

I'm running only 6 tank armourings to get the set bonus, then the 7th slot + the weapons have DPS armourings / hilt for the extra bit of mastery.

I still have a few datacrons left to get too.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

is anyone a proponent of the assassin tank in pvp? as far as skank vs full tank, i guess im asking which is more successful for pvp?

I have a Shadow Skank too. I love it, I would even go as far as to say its more fun than Guardian Skank, stealth certainly adds an element of survivability to bug out of the 1v4 situations where you are doomed otherwise. However, and this may be a reflection of my skill with the class rather than a reflection of the class itself, but I find it does not have the same dominance in 1v1 scenarios. Take Guardian Skank vs Vigilance or Focus Guardian - I have never lost one of these duels. But my Shadow skank vs a vigilance of focus Guardian is a much harder battle. I do win yes, but its close, and I also lose. I think the reason is the 11k armour rating. Once DPS Guardians have sundered you, you basically have the same armour rating as them. But as I say, it could be that I am not that skilled with the class, It is fun for sure though.