The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Eve spaceflight

Kairushi

Eve Online is the best game I will not play(anymore) :p

I appreciate that BW put ANY space combat in at launch. Hopefully with the foresight and capability to expand.

I am not so interested in open space 0.0 pvp yet, though.

Building on what they have now,

I'd like to see co-op missions, think one player piloting and shooting forward, while another mans the side/rear cannons.

Maybe take a cue from the Black Talon FP's and have us dock and sack other ships.

I'd like if we could go anywhere in our ships, but EvE treats spaceflight as a realistic option. Huge ships, slow travel, etc.

Star Wars isn't based on that premise. Star Wars is World War 2 in space. You have gigantic naval battles (Star Destroyers, Corvettes, etc) in space with fighters (X-Wings & TIE fighters) and bombers (Y - wings) overhead causing massive damage.

Hell, even half the guns in the Star Wars universe are WW2 models. Han Solo's blaster (DL 44) was based on the Mauser C96. The E-11 blaster used by stormtroopers was a british sub-machine gun. Heck, even Stormtroopers were pulled straight from WW2.

^^ This.

Star Wars is not about individuals doing their own thing, it's about armies and navies (space navies, of course) participating in massive battles. Ep. 1 had the Battle of Naboo. Ep. 2 had the Battle of Geonosis. Ep. 3 had the Republic vs the Trade Federation. Ep. 4, the Battle of Yavin . Ep. 5, the Battle of Hoth. Ep. 6, the Battle of Endor. Star Wars is about epic, large-scale battles where squadrons of fighters and bombers make precise, calculated maneuvers, not just a bunch of random dogfighting.

EVE is nothing more than excel with purdy graphics

SWG style spaceflight would be full of win.

^^this

or as I like to call EVE 'Spreadsheet Online'

Ain't nothing wrong it's a awesome game for people who like it but not my style.

i love in eve when you go into hyperspace you fly through stars and planets.

eve space flight is a boring click fest. not to mention Microsoft excel in space.

at least in this space flight i can hold down the button and fire my blasters and try to take out every single turret on the cap ships. Haven't done it yet. but i'm getting close with these new upgrades i put in.

Edited by chrisftw

Can anyone find the connection between this post and the topic at hand?

Oh you want connection. Ok, they'll never do an open space like in EvE and neither they'll make space battles in scope like in EvE because it's not necessary for this game.

Actualy, EVE space-flight for system-system travel and SWG space sim for combat would be a beutiful combination

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

are we there yet?

EVE is nothing more than excel with purdy graphics

SWG style spaceflight would be full of win.

SWG-style, or anything modeled after the classic X-Wing series would be amazing.

My starfighters were the only reason that I occasionally went back to SWG.

Though I think a big part of that was the fact that you always stood a chance to grab a randomized piece of loot that would combine with other junk in order to bring your ship a hair closer to perfection.

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

Jump

realign

are we there yet?

quoted for truth. sometimes certain jumps can have you jumping 8+ times. which can take forever. good thing they have autopilot that way you can step away. cook some food come back and you may be finished.

Yeah, I think they took traveling in space realism too seriously. :rolleyes:

Another thing, I like to call this the lone jack dempsey with tetras. Others may simply call it Cluster****

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/201106260149481.jpg/

EDIT: Most players knows what happens next....hint, it involves module lockup.

Edited by Ituhata

It can be like Freelancer. Few closed instances like now, but movement isnt restricted and fights adjusted accordingly would be very fun imo.

^^ This please! ^^

I loved Freelancer and the freedom it gave. IMO the best space sim ever!!

... kinda felling the hurge to go play it now... :p

No EVE-type space. I am so tired of jump gates between systems. Why not just be able to plot a course for hyper and jump into hyperspace and travel in hyperspace to your target?

Hyperspace can be one super large zone with each system having a 3D location in that zone. Each ship has sensors with the ability to detect other ships within certain range of themselves in hyperspace. When you get to the system you actually change to that system's zone which contains the relevant planets, stations, etc..

Think of hyperspace as a huge open room with lots of little doors floating in that 3D area... one door per system. The ships being little specks moving through the open area between systems.

This way trips can take awhile for long distances but you can get up and actually do things along the way. Maybe have audio inter-ship proximity alerts for other ships with vectors intercepting yours or just for when a ship gets within a preset range.

Ugh, no more jump gates.

Edited by Mystais

No EVE-type space. I am so tired of jump gates between systems. Why not just be able to plot a course for hyper and jump into hyperspace and travel in hyperspace to your target?

Hyperspace can be one super large zone with each system having a 3D location in that zone. Each ship has sensors with the ability to detect other ships within certain range of themselves in hyperspace. When you get to the system you actually change to that system's zone which contains the relevant planets, stations, etc..

Think of hyperspace as a huge open room with lots of little doors floating in that 3D area... one door per system. The ships being little specks moving through the open area between systems.

This way trips can take awhile for long distances but you can get up and actually do things along the way. Maybe have audio inter-ship proximity alerts for other ships with vectors intercepting yours or just for when a ship gets within a preset range.

Ugh, no more jump gates.

So you want STO. Because that describes warp space in that game almost perfectly.