Cartel Market Hair Styles STILL Showing Up Green When Selecting Black

DewyMossEmpire

Okay, scratch the likelihood of the existing CM hairstyles that show as greenish black being corrected to black. I'm not a fan of the greenish black look, but I hear what you're saying. I agree with others suggestions as far as offering color-corrected (black is not greenish) pack of existing CM hairstyles, at a heavy discount, like no more than 10 CCs. I purchased some hairstyles and feel like I threw CCs away because I favor black color hair, not greenish black.

Happy to see this long standing question answered.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Releasing the corrected colour, or correcting the bugged ones and releasing the bugged ones as a new feature could work.

There are some of the CM hair style i'd like to use on my main, but considering she would go from the dark auburn/reddish brown she curently has to a somewhat orange colour, she would not be the same person anymore :(

Well, if new hair styles show the correct colours, i'm alright with that. I need more buns for my main, because the one i use does not look that great and the ones that look quite nice don't have the right hair colour. And at least there's no glitch with a bun.

Oh and while we're at it, fixing the imp zabraks duplicate skin tones and adding the #1 light tan / peach like tone SW and SI can use would be very nice too

• 2 weeks later...
Cartel Market Hair not showing as black is a fairly complex bug, I want to lift the hood and talk about some process stuff internally that has lead us to where we are right now. We have a pretty strict rule that we do not make changes to Cartel Market items once they are live. This doesn't apply for seriously broken items such as items that are not functioning or are breaking characters, for example. The reason for this rule is simple, players have spent money for something and changing it after purchasing it means we have adjusted something they spent money on. We have broken this rule before, but it is rare.

The hair color on these hair styles has been bugged for a long time, since they were released. We very recently did another full deep-dive investigation into what exactly was causing this bug, to see if we could fix it, and the overall impact it would have if we adjusted it. Since this is a high visibility issue that is frustrating for players who are seeing it, this is one of those rare cases where we would have considered changing a live CM item.

What our investigation led to is that the way colors are applying to the CM hairstyles isn't correct. The only place this is noticeable is for black but in truth it is across the spectrum. The downside of this is that if we were to fix the bug that is causing this, it would actually change how every single color looks on CM hairstyles, not just black. That would have a pretty substantial impact on a lot of players and their chosen hair.

With that in mind, we are in a holding pattern on this issue as we are unable to fix it without a broad game impact we are unwilling to make at this time. If we find any way to adjust this in the future, we will, and that investigation is on-going. One thing that did arise from this is that we realized there were incorrect setup steps happening on hair styles which were causing this bug. Future hairstyles will not have this problem.

I know this may not be the greatest of news for those of you with this bug but I wanted to make sure you have all of the information around what is causing this issue and why we aren't implementing a fix for it at this time.

Thanks all.

-eric

So is this the same problem with your armors like the Bastila Shan armor looking a different color than the original look?

What about the Vibrant Green Eyes (#10 on customization) I paid 100cc for and worked for a long while? They were really pretty then when BW fixed the sparkly eyes issue, my vibrant green eyes now look dull and the green color is now darker instead of brighter. In fact, the regular green eyes on character creation looks brighter now (#3).

https://imgur.com/mskWKHx

Cartel Market Hair not showing as black is a fairly complex bug, I want to lift the hood and talk about some process stuff internally that has lead us to where we are right now. We have a pretty strict rule that we do not make changes to Cartel Market items once they are live. This doesn't apply for seriously broken items such as items that are not functioning or are breaking characters, for example. The reason for this rule is simple, players have spent money for something and changing it after purchasing it means we have adjusted something they spent money on. We have broken this rule before, but it is rare.

The hair color on these hair styles has been bugged for a long time, since they were released. We very recently did another full deep-dive investigation into what exactly was causing this bug, to see if we could fix it, and the overall impact it would have if we adjusted it. Since this is a high visibility issue that is frustrating for players who are seeing it, this is one of those rare cases where we would have considered changing a live CM item.

What our investigation led to is that the way colors are applying to the CM hairstyles isn't correct. The only place this is noticeable is for black but in truth it is across the spectrum. The downside of this is that if we were to fix the bug that is causing this, it would actually change how every single color looks on CM hairstyles, not just black. That would have a pretty substantial impact on a lot of players and their chosen hair.

With that in mind, we are in a holding pattern on this issue as we are unable to fix it without a broad game impact we are unwilling to make at this time. If we find any way to adjust this in the future, we will, and that investigation is on-going. One thing that did arise from this is that we realized there were incorrect setup steps happening on hair styles which were causing this bug. Future hairstyles will not have this problem.

I know this may not be the greatest of news for those of you with this bug but I wanted to make sure you have all of the information around what is causing this issue and why we aren't implementing a fix for it at this time.

Thanks all.

-eric

I understand that altering live CM products is a rarity, but these are products people pay for. If you get a broken product that you pay for, you are due a refund or a repaired product.

I understand the issue of complexity in repairing the hairstyles themselves - but would it be simpler to re-release all of the affected hairstyles in a corrected state, & reissue them to people who already have them? I think that would be a simple & effective fix. Even if there are duplicates, you'd at least have one version that works as intended.

I understand that altering live CM products is a rarity, but these are products people pay for. If you get a broken product that you pay for, you are due a refund or a repaired product.

I understand the issue of complexity in repairing the hairstyles themselves - but would it be simpler to re-release all of the affected hairstyles in a corrected state, & reissue them to people who already have them? I think that would be a simple & effective fix. Even if there are duplicates, you'd at least have one version that works as intended.

Sure, that would be the simple and elegant solution that would satisfy everyone. People who like the glitched colors would keep them, and people who want the 'true' colors would have them. But EA can't make any more money off of you that way! And that's all they care about. So it won't happen. We're nothing but bank and credit card accounts to them. The best we'll get are a couple new hairstyles selling for like 1k CCs (on sale!) in a bundle. EA's gotta make up revenue for so few people buying Anthem, after all.

Edited by AscendingSky