The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add New Blasters

Xina_LA

I went browsing through Collections, looking for a new blaster pistol for my Bounty Hunter. I noticed that there are surprisingly few different models of blasters, once you eliminate variants (IE: same gun with a different color of glow, slightly longer magazine, the addition of a scope, etc).

There are some blasters that look quite a bit like modern day firearms, a couple reminiscent of MIB, and of course several iconic classics from Star Wars lore. They're awesome. But there are a few designs I'd love to see added.

* Heavy blasters. There are a lot of sleek models but not a lot of big, round, hand canons.

* Shiny blasters: Something with smooth, shiny, bubble designs like in classic sci-fi or from Naboo.

* Textured blasters: Spiky, ribbed, scaly, something to look like an alien thinks it's intimidating or beautiful.

* Colorful blasters: Bright colors, loud colors, distinctive colors, not just dull metallic and wood colors.

* Stubby blasters: Maybe energy doesn't require a long barrel to fire accurately, perhaps it uses an energy focus.

Anyway, you get the idea. I'd love to see some distinctive, new designs. I'd pay CC for them.

Edited by Xina_LA

Most of the "iconic classics from Star Wars lore" are also based on Earthly weapons, notably the "broomhandle Mauser", aka the C-96, an early semi-automatic pistol from the very end of the 19th Century. A heavily modified (and, I hope, deactivated) C-96 served as the base for Han Solo's pistol in ANH, and a fair few of the SWTOR blasters have similar grips.

For something a bit meatier, try the Czerka blaster (the green one with the rotating barrel assembly) from the CM. (They aren't necessarily listed there every week, sadly.)

EDIT: linkie: https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/czerka-czx-4-blaster/

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Most of the "iconic classics from Star Wars lore" are also based on Earthly weapons, notably the "broomhandle Mauser", aka the C-96, an early semi-automatic pistol from the very end of the 19th Century.

It makes sense that a Corellian would have a human-manufactured blaster pistol, and that most of the human blasters would resemble Earthly weapons. It also makes sense that aliens would have different aesthetics.

Plus, some more variations would be great, even if they still look like Earthly weapons.

It makes sense that a Corellian would have a human-manufactured blaster pistol, and that most of the human blasters would resemble Earthly weapons. It also makes sense that aliens would have different aesthetics.

Plus, some more variations would be great, even if they still look like Earthly weapons.

All true. My favorite heavy for single wielding Powertechs is the Heavy Modified Carbine from the BBA rep vendor. It looks like a sawed-off shotgun with three barrels, and sounds the part. A little too big for double-wielding, imho, but that's just my aesthetics. :p

Otherwise, I support variation in design. Now, if only we could preview sound...

Edited by Eiter