The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Improving Collections

Tarrian

Your collection system is TERRIBLE!!! I have bought two color crystals wanting to add them to my Collections and still to this day still have not been able to do it.

I have sought help asking people at fleet; that was the second mistake I made with purchasing the second one. I have written tickets asking you guys how to do it but either you guys don't know how or don't want to have good customer service All you do is refer me to a website! Not a link to the website that explains how, but to some monstrosity of a website that after 5 mins of dealing with I gave up.

Please add a link to collections, "Purchase". So simple. No confusion and so easy there will be no more accidental purchases. Plus, you guys refuse to credit a purchase even if the item was NEVER equipped.

Disclaimer: Apologies if you already know the theory of how this stuff is supposed to work, but your explanation of the problems you've been having is sadly lacking, so I can't tell if you're having problems because you're doing the wrong thing or because your account is genuinely broken.

Plus, you guys refuse to credit a purchase even if the item was NEVER equipped.

That's right. You have to bind(1) a Collections item (or a full armour set(2)) in order for it to unlock (for the character) in Collections. That's how Collections has *always* worked.

An item that you bought on the CM and claimed is non-refundable. That, too, is how it has always worked.

An item that you bought on the CM and *didn't* claim should be refundable in-game. Just press the "return for refund" button in the CM's "Unclaimed items" view, while logged in as the character that bought it.

If you are having some other problem with Cartel Market colour crystals(3), perhaps you should describe the problem so we can offer insights, but do try the advice above about putting them in a weapon and taking them out again (and possibly putting them back in).

(1) In theory:

* Equip (armour or weapons) on your character

* Stamp (for armour) on an Outfit Designer tab

* Equip (for colour crystals) in a weapon or non-weapon off-hand

* Use (an animal or vehicular mount, a title or emote) to enable for the character

* Use (a toy) to bind it to the character.

* Anything else that permanently binds the item to the character.

Exceptions:

* Some people have problems with armour and weapons unless they equip them directly on their characters. Happily for me, I'm not one of those people.

* Armour and weapons that come from the CM with mod-objects already installed (and a minimum level above 1, typically 31) do not unlock in Collections, ever, but their item descriptions *do* say that the only way to get more copies is to buy them from the Cartel Market.

(2) If the item is a single piece (e.g. Eradicator's Mask), it unlocks by itself. If it's a complete set (e.g. Jarael's Armor Set), you have to bind all the pieces of the set on one character, although the game remembers which pieces the character has bound, so you can bind them progressively rather than having to do it all at once.

(3) There are other sources of colour crystals, and with one exception (the Purple-Black Striated crystals that were given away for people who were playing on a particular date) none of them unlock in Collections. Even the PBS ones can't be account-unlocked, but that's OK since they get mailed to every new character you create.