Make other races playable "as is"

Chaosataoist

Let's be honest, Bioware's never going to have the budget or the resources again to release a new playable race as fully customizable as the Cathar or Togruta. So why not just make some of the races we already have in the game playable as they are? All Nautolans look alike anyway, right? Just throw in some color cutomization, like skin color and eye color, and I guarantee you a lot of people would be happy. I know I would. We could have Nautolans, Devaronians, Mon Calamari, hell, maybe even a Weequay. They're all already modeled, rigged and ready to go.

The only problem is that most of these races don't have a female version, Nautolans do, but I think that's it? Though with some, like the Mon Calamari, maybe there wouldn't be much difference.

I don't know, I think with not a lot of extra work this could bring a lot of people back. Think about how many people would come back just to create that Nautolan Jedi. Or a Devaronian Sith.

And then, when there's some extra money pouring in, they could release additional customization options like they did with the other races. But let's at least get them playable for now.

Let's be honest, Bioware's never going to have the budget or the resources again to release a new playable race as fully customizable as the Cathar or Togruta. So why not just make some of the races we already have in the game playable as they are? All Nautolans look alike anyway, right? Just throw in some color cutomization, like skin color and eye color, and I guarantee you a lot of people would be happy. I know I would. We could have Nautolans, Devaronians, Mon Calamari, hell, maybe even a Weequay. They're all already modeled, rigged and ready to go.

The only problem is that most of these races don't have a female version, Nautolans do, but I think that's it? Though with some, like the Mon Calamari, maybe there wouldn't be much difference.

I don't know, I think with not a lot of extra work this could bring a lot of people back. Think about how many people would come back just to create that Nautolan Jedi. Or a Devaronian Sith.

And then, when there's some extra money pouring in, they could release additional customization options like they did with the other races. But let's at least get them playable for now.

You might be happy with it but let's be honest ... a lot of people would not. At first they'd be "Weee, new race!" and then when they found out you could only change the colour but none of the facial features the forums would explode with rage.

You might be happy with it but let's be honest ... a lot of people would not. At first they'd be "Weee, new race!" and then when they found out you could only change the colour but none of the facial features the forums would explode with rage.

Well then don't advertise them as such, and definitely don't sell them for 600cc each. They could do a bundle of "simplified" races or just have them be much cheaper.

I'd rather have that than no new races at all, especially since most of the assets are already in the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.