Performance fix 5.10

TheDarkerSide

Is bioware going to do anything about the performance drop in 5.10? I thought the patch fixed it but that only lasted for like 10 seconds before my fps went to **** again, ossus, war zones, fleet are unplayable and WB raids give me legit .5 fps with the environment sometimes not even rendering. Turning both graphics and resolution down did exactly nothing, this is ridiculous.

And don't give me that "your pc is crap" bs, I've played on it since launch and never ran into anything close to this

@Eric Musco please respond ;w;

I gather you have run a repair already per https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/td-p/6454174/jump-to/first-unread-message

What i can say is i logged in just now and am still get 197 fps on fleet see the screen grab at https://imgur.com/a/qte5wq6

concern though is If your only getting 5fps even on fleet, how are the temps of the CPU and GPU when that is occurring ?

generally heat indications in the game, fps will be great when first started then nose dive significantly and may cause graphical issues to occur.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I have not run a repair as of yet but it's definitely next on my list of things to try. Haven't looked into my temp either because up until 5.10 swtor and games much more graphics intensive ran just fine but I guess I'll do that too, thanks man.

Just hard to believe it has anything to do with my pc considering I've ran the game on it for what, 6-7 years now?

After 6 -7 years the thermal paste on the CPU can definitely need renewing but it is only a possibility at present.

I haven't seen any posts of new fps issues (the existing fps issues are enough :) ) but if even fleet is unplayable

for you then something is certainly not right, just what is the question now.

I am away until early next year so will say merry xmas and may the force be with you in working out what is causing this for you.

Hope you can find what is occurring.

I have not run a repair as of yet but it's definitely next on my list of things to try. Haven't looked into my temp either because up until 5.10 swtor and games much more graphics intensive ran just fine but I guess I'll do that too, thanks man.

Just hard to believe it has anything to do with my pc considering I've ran the game on it for what, 6-7 years now?

That's about the age things on PCs like to start breaking. Mine was actually purchased when swtor came out, for swtor, and Ive just recently had to pull a memory stick that had gone bad out.

After 6 -7 years the thermal paste on the CPU can definitely need renewing but it is only a possibility at present.

I haven't seen any posts of new fps issues (the existing fps issues are enough :) ) but if even fleet is unplayable

for you then something is certainly not right, just what is the question now.

I am away until early next year so will say merry xmas and may the force be with you in working out what is causing this for you.

Hope you can find what is occurring.

Appreciate it friend, still holding out hope that the patch will fix this but I see now it may be time for pc upgrade. -sigh- RIP wallet

That's about the age things on PCs like to start breaking. Mine was actually purchased when swtor came out, for swtor, and Ive just recently had to pull a memory stick that had gone bad out.

Damn I'm sorry:/ I wanted to get new parts for a while but I didn't expect to have to do it so soon tbh

Appreciate it friend, still holding out hope that the patch will fix this but I see now it may be time for pc upgrade. -sigh- RIP wallet

I'm hoping the issue is just thermal paste on the CPU , costs about $10.00 then :)http://www.arcticsilver.com/#

Check all fans are running too , swtor actually makes a great stress test on a system and will bring out thermal issues more so then a lot of other games.

major fps loss is a good indicator of heat

Edited by OwenBrooks

The devs are constantly making enhancements to the graphics in order to take advantage of new hardware. What worked good at launch does not work so good now (I just replaced my GPU that I bought around launch. Much improved).

Some things to check out though:

If NVIDIA, there looks to be some new settings for them http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957879

Update/downgrade graphics drivers (especially if NVIDIA, they are notorious for releasing broken drivers)

As others have mentioned, check heat levels. You can get temperature monitoring programs that'll typically tell you the temperatures of CPU, GPU and some other parts. If these are going into dangerous territory, the system will automatically throttle them back.

If you can post your exact specs, we might be able to give more detailed advise.

I'm getting an audio issue. Namely when I run around one planet or go to my stronghold that area's music bleeds into whatever area I go to next, so if I play more than a few hours in a session or if missions take me back and forth (in orig van story) I have a virtual cacophony of different themes going on at once.... i.e. sith inquisitor theme Plus Ilum plus theme of Yavin 4 all going on at once..... )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.