I have to ask this

bluehufsa

Hi. I have a few questions regarding the new companion, Paxton Rall.

- is he a replacement for Zenith?

- is the Balmorra class quest going to be re-written with Paxton as the recruit-able twilek ?

- is there any, but any chance at all of seeing Zenith again? ( if not, will there be an explanation ? )

Thanks.

He isn't going to replace Zenith. He is just another companion like the others. He just happens to be the same race as Zenith. Just like how Ak'ghal Usar may be a Dashade, but he doesn't replace Khem Val for the Sith Inquisitor and in fact Khem Val is back for SIth Inquisitors. So they can now have two dashade companions..

Also no they wouldn't replace Zenith nor would they re-write the class story for the Jedi Consular either.

As far as getting Zenith back, no idea, anything is possible at this point.

Edited by Nightblazer

Hi. I have a few questions regarding the new companion, Paxton Rall.

- is he a replacement for Zenith?

- is the Balmorra class quest going to be re-written with Paxton as the recruit-able twilek ?

- is there any, but any chance at all of seeing Zenith again? ( if not, will there be an explanation ? )

Thanks.

I don't have any official answers, but based on what the devs have said in the past and the way they are handling companions returns, I can give you some educated guesses.

- No, he is not a replacement for Zenith. Just like Ak'Gal Usar wasn't a replacement for Khem.

- They will not ever, EVER re-write old content. They just won't. On the bright side, you will be able to play Balmora with Paxton at your side and have double the Twi'lek fun ;)

- They will bring back Zenith eventually, but they are bringing back the remaining love interests first. It's going to be a long wait at the glacial pace they are bringing out new story content. However, with the new way they are doing companion returns, I think the odds of being able to romance Zenith when he does come back are very good!

Edited by Damask_Rose

I don't have any official answers, but based on what the devs have said in the past and the way they are handling companions returns, I can give you some educated guesses.

- No, he is not a replacement for Zenith. Just like Ak'Gal Usar wasn't a replacement for Khem.

- They will not ever, EVER re-write old content. They just won't. On the bright side, you will be able to play Balmora with Paxton at your side and have double the Twi'lek fun ;)

- They will bring back Zenith eventually, but they are bringing back the remaining love interests first. It's going to be a long wait at the glacial pace they are bringing out new story content. However, with the new way they are doing companion returns, I think the odds of being able to romance Zenith when he does come back are very good!

Thank you for your answer :)

- They will not ever, EVER re-write old content. They just won't.

I'm not sure they could if they wanted to. I'm not even sure they know how to fix bugs that appear in the old content, like Vector's eyes for example. So yeah I'm confident Zenith is safe.

I agree with and echo your whole post, and if Zenith comes back romanceable I'm totally on board, my ds consular is ready!

Edited by grania

I know a lot of people would appreciate more male non-human LIs so this would certainly be a positive step in that direction. That Bioware did it for Nadia, Khem Val, and Jaesa suggests it wouldn't be terribly hard, either.

I'm not sure they could if they wanted to. I'm not even sure they know how to fix bugs that appear in the old content, like Vector's eyes for example. So yeah I'm confident Zenith is safe.

Indeed. The most we'll ever see in terms of modification of the original content is the thing they did a while back where they re-scripted the camera movements for the opening cinematics of each class story. The spoken dialogue lines didn't change, nor the character's response wheels, just the movements (linear, pan/tilt, and zoom) of the camera.

I agree with and echo your whole post, and if Zenith comes back romanceable I'm totally on board, my ds consular is ready!

My ds consular wanted Zenith, too, but pretty much had to settle for Theron (who is NOT fun to be romanced to when you are playing ds).