Inflection Point: Always "default choices"?!

mdahm

Ok, just checked on my consular...this is *totally* fubar!

For reference, as I said earlier, I sided with empire on Iokath, and then republic on Ossus...

Looking at my contacts/companions list, *both* Empress Acina and Jace Malcolm died trying to control the Iokath superweapon????

Also, I have two Qyzens in my list...one under “other followers” (WHY? He’s the JC’s *first* companion!) and one in “unavailable companions”. C2-N2 is also listed in both categories.

Edited by VelvetSanity

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo....is this fixed? I'm still getting the explicit warning that accepting the quest will complete all story elements using the default choices for my class. Not in the terminal UI, that warning states that only choices I haven't made will be made for me, but in the "dialogue" after, it still says the ominous "nothing you did matters" line.

If it's mentioned explicitly that this HAS been fixed earlier in the thread, I apologize, I apparently missed it.

Sooo....is this fixed? I'm still getting the explicit warning that accepting the quest will complete all story elements using the default choices for my class. Not in the terminal UI, that warning states that only choices I haven't made will be made for me, but in the "dialogue" after, it still says the ominous "nothing you did matters" line.

If it's mentioned explicitly that this HAS been fixed earlier in the thread, I apologize, I apparently missed it.

Not fixed yet, they haven’t released any patches/hotfixes/updates to address the problem yet. Yesterday was just server maintenance (and probably turning life day content off)

Edited by VelvetSanity

Hi, so do I understand this correctly? Basically,if our choices are important for us,we shouldn't start Jedi under Siege just yet? Also, is there something like list of default choices somewhere?

Default choices are essentially: imp characters choose all dark side/side with empire, rep characters choose all light side/side with republic. Imp characters (except Warrior) save Torian, rep characters save Vette. Not sure about other class specific variations aside from the Warrior saving Vette. Romances are untouched, as far as I know (except possibly Theron due to the traitor arc). Also, imp characters become eternal emperor/empress, rep characters go eternal alliance.

My consular’s the only one I’ve gone past the end of the class story with, and skipped (AFAIK at this point) only Ilum. She made light side choices the whole way, except for the Gemini Prime chapter (she withheld the extra intel Lana sent her) because she’s a Cathar (It’s only been 300 years since the Battle of Cathar) and she didn’t want the Mandalorians getting their hands on weapons and equipment that would let them renew their attempted genocide of her species. She chose to save Vette despite feeling Torian was a better person than the majority of Mandalorians - he’s a soldier (and still a Mandalorian), she’s not. She also chose to side with the empire on Iokath; they’d actively supported her campaign against Vaylin and she wanted to see for herself if Acina was being honest in her claims of attempting to get the empire to change their ways (her final decision: nope, they won’t change). She then sided with Republic on Ossus - she’s still a Jedi, still Barsen’thor, and it was the Jedi who needed her aid.

On starting Jedi Under Siege, companion/contacts list shows both Malcom and Acina as dead (both from attempting to use/control the superweapon), Vette alive/Torian dead, Theron alive and still in the alliance...not sure which other companions/contacts are affected by the default choices, if anyone has a list I can jump in-game and report their status.

Edited by VelvetSanity

Hrm I'd forgotten about the Eternal Alliance/Empire thing. I left for a while after completing eternal throne. But I chose to become the eternal empire, and while I was playing catch up story wise, everyone kept saying alliance. Maybe thats normal. *sigh* The whole reason a came back was to continue the story, part of me wants to roll the dice, but I made some some very not default choices iirc, though I'm usually all dark side all the time.

Default choices are essentially: imp characters choose all dark side/side with empire, rep characters choose all light side/side with republic. Imp characters (except Warrior) save Torian, rep characters save Vette. Not sure about other class specific variations aside from the Warrior saving Vette. Romances are untouched, as far as I know (except possibly Theron due to the traitor arc). Also, imp characters become eternal emperor/empress, rep characters go eternal alliance.

My consular’s the only one I’ve gone past the end of the class story with, and skipped (AFAIK at this point) only Ilum. She made light side choices the whole way, except for the Gemini Prime chapter (she withheld the extra intel Lana sent her) because she’s a Cathar (It’s only been 300 years since the Battle of Cathar) and she didn’t want the Mandalorians getting their hands on weapons and equipment that would let them renew their attempted genocide of her species. She chose to save Vette despite feeling Torian was a better person than the majority of Mandalorians - he’s a soldier (and still a Mandalorian), she’s not. She also chose to side with the empire on Iokath; they’d actively supported her campaign against Vaylin and she wanted to see for herself if Acina was being honest in her claims of attempting to get the empire to change their ways (her final decision: nope, they won’t change). She then sided with Republic on Ossus - she’s still a Jedi, still Barsen’thor, and it was the Jedi who needed her aid.

On starting Jedi Under Siege, companion/contacts list shows both Malcom and Acina as dead (both from attempting to use/control the superweapon), Vette alive/Torian dead, Theron alive and still in the alliance...not sure which other companions/contacts are affected by the default choices, if anyone has a list I can jump in-game and report their status.

Thank you so much for this :). I checked my two characters I took to new content and it looks like my Empire loyal Sith warrior is OK, she has Vette,Torian is dead,also Malcom is dead and Acina lives. However on my agent both Acina and Malcom are dead O_o. Well, my agent sided with Republic on Iokath and stayed with Republic ever since. I'm pretty sure Acina is dead and Malcom is alive and kicking...

Thank you so much for this :). I checked my two characters I took to new content and it looks like my Empire loyal Sith warrior is OK, she has Vette,Torian is dead,also Malcom is dead and Acina lives. However on my agent both Acina and Malcom are dead O_o. Well, my agent sided with Republic on Iokath and stayed with Republic ever since. I'm pretty sure Acina is dead and Malcom is alive and kicking...

Yep, from what people have been saying, it applies default choices regardless of whether you skipped, even though it’s supposed to do that *only* if you skip, and not even rescinding non-default choices those who didn’t skip made.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.