Chapter 9 Romance Bug Question

DMBLaan

Hey, so I know the chapter 9 romance bug was fixed, but is there a way to confirm a relation ship post the bug fix if you've finished ch 9 but haven't started ch 10? I went back through all the chapters and got the romance option, but it didn't confirm after I redid ch 9.

P.S. I also posted this question in the "Star Wars Discussion" area too, but wasn't sure which was the right place for this.

Hey, so I know the chapter 9 romance bug was fixed, but is there a way to confirm a relation ship post the bug fix if you've finished ch 9 but haven't started ch 10? I went back through all the chapters and got the romance option, but it didn't confirm after I redid ch 9.

P.S. I also posted this question in the "Star Wars Discussion" area too, but wasn't sure which was the right place for this.

No, the classic KotFE Chapter IX no [Flirt] in the cantina bug was *not* fixed.(1) As far as I know, there has never been an acknowledgement that it exists by anyone who matters. (No, it doesn't matter that a CS reply to a ticket said so. They say lots of things are bugs, and that means approximately zero, since only some of those things are bugs.)

If you finished Chapter IX and didn't get the option, or (as I did on my dry run character) you thought the option meant "I want to flirt with Theron and then talk with one of you" so you picked the other option and ran through the rest of Chapter IX and began Chapter X (ever since Chapter X was released, it is impossible to finish Chapter IX without starting Chapter X), you cannot go back and change permanently what happened in Chapter IX.

For that character, you have missed the chance to romance whichever one of the three you wanted to romance.

(1) The one where if there's a patch between your character starting Chapter III of KotFE and you reaching the cantina scene in Chapter IX, you don't get the "2. [Flirt] I want to talk to one of you" option.

No, the classic KotFE Chapter IX no [Flirt] in the cantina bug was *not* fixed.(1) As far as I know, there has never been an acknowledgement that it exists by anyone who matters. (No, it doesn't matter that a CS reply to a ticket said so. They say lots of things are bugs, and that means approximately zero, since only some of those things are bugs.)

If you finished Chapter IX and didn't get the option, or (as I did on my dry run character) you thought the option meant "I want to flirt with Theron and then talk with one of you" so you picked the other option and ran through the rest of Chapter IX and began Chapter X (ever since Chapter X was released, it is impossible to finish Chapter IX without starting Chapter X), you cannot go back and change permanently what happened in Chapter IX.

For that character, you have missed the chance to romance whichever one of the three you wanted to romance.

(1) The one where if there's a patch between your character starting Chapter III of KotFE and you reaching the cantina scene in Chapter IX, you don't get the "2. [Flirt] I want to talk to one of you" option.

I did get the chat option after replaying all the previous chapters, but yeah it didn't stick. I'm wondering if it'd be better to see if there will be a retroactive fix or start a new character (which I rely don't want to, lol).

I did get the chat option after replaying all the previous chapters, but yeah it didn't stick. I'm wondering if it'd be better to see if there will be a retroactive fix or start a new character (which I rely don't want to, lol).

This bug has been there for three years so far without even any sort of public acknowledgement of its existence, never mind a fix. That might help you make up your mind.

This bug has been there for three years so far without even any sort of public acknowledgement of its existence, never mind a fix. That might help you make up your mind.

Is there a point after chapter 9 where I can make this choice again? And are there any dialog/story changes either way?

Edited by DMBLaan