The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More actual companions, and not animals or droids.

DameonLG

I got this game when it came out, with a CE Founders pack physical edition and all, but after about a year I ended up leaving, coming back for a few months now and then. But after college I ended up not really floating back around to this game for a while.

Then I came back to find out I'm missing like...a half dozen companions? But at least Hexid is back in. I read someone say on this sub that they had mentioned wanting to bring back the other 'limited' companions.

Considering in the KotET story most of my old crew is either missing, or just paper weights and not actually in the story (Except for HK and Treek oddly enough) I would really want to fill out the story roster with more characters sometime.

EVEN IF you say no to all the ones out already, just give me something to pad out my woefully lacking roster now that most of my old crew is just a bunch of mannequins.

One of my characters has over 40 companions, including four or five of the droid/animal types, because she did *all* the alliance alerts that she could. Is that enough more for you?

No. Because like I said, most of your classic companions are just paperweights now, add on top of that all the ones new or returning players just straight up can't get because of time locks.

I dunno how your 40 translates to the average player having 40.

No. Because like I said, most of your classic companions are just paperweights now, add on top of that all the ones new or returning players just straight up can't get because of time locks.

The issue is oversaturation. There are so many companions they have become paperweights. They need to reduce not add more paperweights into the game and then create more meaningful conversations and interactions with those that are left.

Edited by Nightblazer

The issue is oversaturation. There are so many companions they have become paperweights. They need to reduce not add more paperweights into the game and then create more meaningful conversations and interactions with those that are left.

I disagree - BW needs to give the Original 5 Companions for each class more meaning, i.e. the one they used to have before 4.0.

A good suggestion was added recently to give animations for their "canon" role (the one they are recruited with) back to what they used to be in 1.0-3.x. This would at least make the original crew for each class have some distinguishing features.

I think BW underestimated how big a difference making all the companions have the same animations would have on the original crew for each class. They really do feel different ever since (in a very bad way), even though the "any role" feature is convenient. This also doesn't mention that some still have bugs in what companion's voice is used in a given stance or all stances.

I still get Kira saying a line sometimes on Doc in DPS stance, or hear St. Rush on Zenith and Lt. Iresso. It's really irritating on the later two, because the lines come up often during combat. Basically, I had to stop using those companions, and that is really regrettable, because they are the main story companions.

Edited by arunav

All the Alliance Alert companions can be had by anyone who does the alerts. That adds up to more than 20 if you include the Star Fortress companions and all the "all classes" alerts, plus Lana, Theron, Senya, Arcann and Koth.

And that character actually has some missing that she could have had:

* Koth

* Elara Dorne(1)

* Skadge(2)

As noted, the solution for them being paperweights is not to add more companions, but to add more storytelling.

(1) For the same reason she doesn't have Koth.

She let the reactor blow and blew up the Spire.

(2) She killed him.