Old companions and returning romances in KotFE

DameonLG

So I've jumped back in after being gone for a long time, and all my crew is swept away. I wake up five years later, with a bunch of new random people, and mayyyybe I can get back my old crew through some events or alerts? (I'm still not 100% clear on it)

If I do get them back, does it occur outside of the continuity? I mean my characters got married, I dunno if I'd have them jump into the sack with someone else knowing their SO is still around, but if I get them back and it's basically irrelevant story wise it kind of feels like it's a bit pointless.

So if I recover my SO from alerts (since the list of characters recovered through the campaign appears slim) are they just another skin for my companion or is there at least a bit of dialogue and companion quests afterwards to go through?

If you get them back from the terminal, it occurs outside the story and there is no dialogue. They're just companions.

To have the story apply, you need to get them as they appear either through the chapters or an alliance alert (some are one, some are the other). If you're married to a companion and you start a romance with another character you will have to choose between them when your spouse returns via the story and will have a break-up scene with the one your spurn.

If you do get a character from the terminal, it will not affect your encounter with old crew members through the story or alerts. So, you can do both.

Not all crew members have been returned through the story as of yet.

That's kind of a bummer, currently I'm going through it with my male Trooper and it's disappointing that Elara is apparently still with the Republic, but there's like zero way to actually contact her in the story. Apparently that happens with a lot of the romances, though, which is a shame. I feel like those were a lot more memorable than every character in the game maybe shagging the same sith lady or pilot.

That's kind of a bummer, currently I'm going through it with my male Trooper and it's disappointing that Elara is apparently still with the Republic, but there's like zero way to actually contact her in the story. Apparently that happens with a lot of the romances, though, which is a shame. I feel like those were a lot more memorable than every character in the game maybe shagging the same sith lady or pilot.

You're certainly not alone in feeling that way. :(

Elara does show up in the story later...but once that reunion happens, she becomes a silent lawn ornament...just like all of the original companion romances other than Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette, or Torian.

Really, unless you've romanced the four listed above, the most you get is about 120sec of cutscene and that's it. Paperweight.

Edited by Dracofish

So I've jumped back in after being gone for a long time, and all my crew is swept away. I wake up five years later, with a bunch of new random people, and mayyyybe I can get back my old crew through some events or alerts? (I'm still not 100% clear on it)

If I do get them back, does it occur outside of the continuity? I mean my characters got married, I dunno if I'd have them jump into the sack with someone else knowing their SO is still around, but if I get them back and it's basically irrelevant story wise it kind of feels like it's a bit pointless.

So if I recover my SO from alerts (since the list of characters recovered through the campaign appears slim) are they just another skin for my companion or is there at least a bit of dialogue and companion quests afterwards to go through?

Most of the reunions are just a 2 minutes thing ,dry and meaningless. . My advice? Go for the Odessen Terminal & headcanon !