Best Tree to go into as Sentinel??

Mikecg

None of them are really bad or good, but it depends on your playstyle. Personally, I like Watchman, since it gives me some good DoT skills as well as a couple mechanisms to self-heal with - using Zen with Juyo Form as well as potential self-heals from crits with the burn effects. The other trees seem to offer more immediate, burst damage type playstyles.

While some people are going "hyrbid" (whatever that means), I still think the best option is to get your master skill in a tree and then spread the remaining points into others. Once I get Merciless Strike in Watchman I'll spread my remaining skills between some of the early Combat and Focus trees to round out my battle capabilities instead of dumping the rest into filling out Watchman.

I went with the Focus and I am never outdamaged by any other sentinel in PVP. I also straight up do not lose in a 1v1 fight.

Keep in mind though, Focus is not a tree for beginner players. That's why you barely see it mentioned on these forums.

But I can promise you, if you play it well you will find it is miles ahead of Watchman or Combat in terms of DPS and utilitity.

Cheers,

-Destin