Bacta Infusion

JLapp

If you want to be a healer I would highly recommend you roll a Sage/Scoundrel. There was a post earlier that compared the three specs, and basically Combat Medic comes in last due to a very limiting resource pool(you basically have no burst out side a 2 minute cooldown), lack of HOTs(leading to you having trouble being a group healer, most of our abilities are great at keeping one target alive, not a whole group), and extremely boring play(mostly due to our lack of spells, you just spam Medical probe for 75% of your casts, compared to the other classes having rotations and more priority abilities).

I'll try to find the post, but basically Sage was the most complete healer, while Scoundrel seemed to be a kind of pvp healer, while the Medic was the least complete class.

The other game had these healers too. Light Armor = Cloth, Medium = Leather, Heavy = Plate. The role for Trooper in this game seems to be similar to the role of the Plate Healer in the other game. Your group/raid healing leaves quite a bit to be desired, but when it comes to ST, you are a solid healer.

EDIT: Backup spelled out a lot nicer - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=150137

Edited by Syas

having 8 and 16 man raids and sage/sorcs with an unlimited aoe heal where commandos are stuck with 3 is a borked mechanic. its the kind of screw up that makes you wonder about bioware ... guess they just intend for combat medics to be MT healers only.

Salvation is wonderful on fights where everyone is clumped up and stationary, given that the Seer can stand still long enough to drop it. Most fights do not allow for this, as people either must spread out or constantly move out of ground-based AoEs.

That doesn't change that a 3 target non-smart heal is borked as hell.

I get what the OP is saying. At first it feels very lackluster but once you use it for a while you see the benefit.

If you cast MP+bacta and one of them crits its a pretty huge heal combo that costs very little.

kolto bomb, bacta infusion, and trauma probe provides 3 on the move ways to heal which can be very handy.

In pvp the sorc/sage is a hands down better healer, but pve I'd say combat medic is better because he can spam on a single target forever. I've seen sages run into resource problems in longer fights.