Why Are There No New Appearance Customization Options For The Twi'lek?

Ylliarus

Tbh I wouldn't be too bothered by that either. If they made headgear unavailable for Twi'lek to show like they did with the Togruta I'd be fine with that. Especially if we'd get new facial designs or lekku positions in return :)

The problem doesn't end with the headpiece, what do you do with chestpieces that have a colar or worse.

A Lekku clipping through the spikes of the Reaver Set would just look painfull.

Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly there. What I was trying to say is that when I go to the populated areas such as the fleet, then I always see a lot of Twi'lek characters running around. If it was one day, perhaps it might have been coincidence. But I have observed this over a longer period of time, so if you'd ask me they are a popular race based on the things I have seen ingame.

That is what I meant when I said "from my point of view" :p

XD no need to explain yourself was just making what you said into a Y O U N G sKyWaLkEr quote. :D

The problem doesn't end with the headpiece, what do you do with chestpieces that have a colar or worse.

A Lekku clipping through the spikes of the Reaver Set would just look painfull.

Well... Sith thrive on pain no? xD

But yeah I get what you mean, so it would be a very difficult feature to add into the game. Therefore I'd prefer Bioware devoting time and resources in new appearance options that are easier to do. Headbands, eye colours, skin colours etc. etc.

To be honest, I'd be beyond happy if Bioware included the Twi'lek into the yellow Sith eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle. Until this day I do not understand why Mirialan and Cathar were included into those yellow Sith eyes, but the Twi'lek not. I have asked the devs very frequently why, but I never got an answer.

Edited by Ylliarus

While I agree with you in principle.. I also understand that they have pretty well painted themselves into a corner with Leku clipping and interference with head pieces.

This really is a nightmare of their own making.. and they solved it with Togruta by simply making any headpiece on that race hidden. Are you up for no head gear showing on Twi'lek? Because I think that is the only way your suggestion ever sees the light of day.

Yeah that is the fly in the ointment. Only way is if they had done it with intent from the start. And yeah I think I would miss being able to have them wear face items.

Yeah that is the fly in the ointment. Only way is if they had done it with intent from the start. And yeah I think I would miss being able to have them wear face items.

While it is an ambitious idea and I'd love to see it happen, it would be better indeed if Bioware would focus on smaller new customization options. I'd love to see a purple skin colour as well as a lavender one. Or perhaps even white and brown skin tones which are also part of the Twi'lek lore.

But what I really, really, really would want to see is the yellow Sith eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle becoming also an appearance customization option for the Twi'lek. Like that is the one thing that I yearn for the most.

Why can't they add aging elements to the faces of not just Twi'lek but all other races? They have them in the game, old men and women with wrinkles yet you cannot make them for your character.

That is one customization option that I would love to see across multiple species aye, if not all the playable species. To stay on topic however, yeah, there is even "aged" complexions for the Twi'lek as well. Kolovish for example on Tython has an elderly texture, yet she is the only one that springs to mind atm.

I've taken a closer look at the skin colours again and one of them is indeed a dark green. However, it doesn't appear to be dark green at all. When I think of that colour I'd point to the shade of green the Mirialan's have as a proper dark green, so it would be amazing to receive a true dark green colour in a potential Twi'lek Appearance Customization Bundle.

Truly, a bundle like that would be warmly welcomed I believe. In it could be new headbands, tattoos, new eye colours (please also include the yellow Sith eye colours from the Expanded Selections bundle), new skin colours and new complexions (please add a few "clean" ones, with just various shapes of eyebrows without any dirt, dramatic shading or whatever).

would be nice if they would include these options not from a CM item. you will need to pay CC to change your toon (still baffles me) why not just make them available. however, i support your ideas on getting more TwiLek options. i would have more of them if i could, but too many headpieces look like junk when worn. my toon in SWG was a twilek and i looked forward to having one here. i eventually race changed my sage to a twilek because i simply wanted a twilek adn found an outfit that would work for me.

would be nice if they would include these options not from a CM item. you will need to pay CC to change your toon (still baffles me) why not just make them available. however, i support your ideas on getting more TwiLek options. i would have more of them if i could, but too many headpieces look like junk when worn. my toon in SWG was a twilek and i looked forward to having one here. i eventually race changed my sage to a twilek because i simply wanted a twilek adn found an outfit that would work for me.

A part of me actually wants that, to have new Customization Options for Twi'lek be free. Why? Because they have had no new appearance customization options since launch. At the same time I know however Bioware won't receive the resources to do it for free, so I'd be willing to pay CC for a bundle and appearance designer changes because that's how badly I yearn for new customization options for the Twi'lek.

#freethelekku

Yes, a few more options on appearance would be ok, but we really need customized headgear for Twi'leks. I'm tired of the laziness of having it clip or just amputate lekku. I would take proper headgear, even if it came from CM, over new appearance options.

#freethelekku

Yes, a few more options on appearance would be ok, but we really need customized headgear for Twi'leks. I'm tired of the laziness of having it clip or just amputate lekku. I would take proper headgear, even if it came from CM, over new appearance options.

While Twi'lek headpieces are something I'd love to see as well, I'd not take that over new customization options. Like sure, give us new headbands for female Twi'lek characters in appearance designer and heck, why not also introduce some for the male Twi'lek as well. But I'd like to see such customization options (new skin colours, complexions, eye colours, tattoos) first and then they can work on headgear for Twi'lek.

Twi'leks are definitely the species most in need of some additional customization options, and that has been the case since launch. As mentioned, they really only have about three or maybe four faces per body type which is far fewer than any other species that was available at lunch.

While they technically have more faces than that, the first four are almost entirely identical with just some minor tweaks to things like noses or lip size, then next four are similar in the same way, ect... while other species get a completely new face with each single tick of the of head customization slider.

Of all the species that were available since launch Twi'leks are the hardest to make look unique compared to other places and suffer most from having clones.

On that note I hope the next customization option pack is for Twi'leks and includes a couple brand new faces, as well as new skin tones or tattoos.

Twi'leks are definitely the species most in need of some additional customization options, and that has been the case since launch. As mentioned, they really only have about three or maybe four faces per body type which is far fewer than any other species that was available at lunch.

While they technically have more faces than that, the first four are almost entirely identical with just some minor tweaks to things like noses or lip size, then next four are similar in the same way, ect... while other species get a completely new face with each single tick of the of head customization slider.

Of all the species that were available since launch Twi'leks are the hardest to make look unique compared to other places and suffer most from having clones.

On that note I hope the next customization option pack is for Twi'leks and includes a couple brand new faces, as well as new skin tones or tattoos.

I will admit seeing new faces on the Twi'lek is a dream of mine as well. The lack of current facial diversity for them is truly sad as indeed, as you said ALL THE OTHER RACES have facial diversity, even the Togruta. But for some reason the Twi'lek keep being neglected and likely it has to do with the lekku model, but in that case I'd prefer Bioware doing what they did with the Togruta and have headgear be permanently invisible on the Twi'lek.

Because the Togruta also have an elaborate head design and yet there we have the normal facial diversity we see with all the other species.

So I beg the devs for an answer, please, @CharlesBoyd, @KeithKanneg, @EricMusco, what is the reason for the neglect (or so it appears) in customization options for the Twi'lek? Why haven't they received anything since launch? There were opportunities to include new options for them, like the yellow Sith eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle. Why weren't the Twi'lek included in those eye colours? Please, can someone from the dev team please answer this?

I would submit that Chiss are more limited in choices and more deserving of some appearance love. Even the choices that we have for Chiss are largely very small variations of each other..... to the point of not really being choices at all.

But more objectively speaking... ALL non-human races suffer this issue... some more then others (and it appears to be those races that have appendages on their heads in most cases). The less "human" (even though they are all "humanoid) the more constraints and limitations we have.

That said... more then 6.5 years into this MMO... I do think that a significant update to player character customizations across all races would be a great thing to include in 6.0. It would both refresh a long stagnant part of the game as well as soak up a lot of CCs from the player base as players hit the appearance customization kiosks to make use of a new appearance set for their existing charcters. This would be much more enjoyed by the broader player base then adding a new race I think... though adding a new race at the same time would be a good move as well.

Edited by Andryah

I would submit that Chiss are more limited in choices and more deserving of some appearance love. Even the choices that we have for Chiss are largely very small variations of each other..... to the point of not really being choices at all.

But more objectively speaking... ALL non-human races suffer this issue... some more then others (and it appears to be those races that have appendages on their heads in most cases). The less "human" (even though they are all "humanoid) the more constraints and limitations we have.

That said... more then 6.5 years into this MMO... I do think that a significant update to player character customizations across all races would be a great thing to include in 6.0. It would both refresh a long stagnant part of the game as well as soak up a lot of CCs from the player base as players hit the appearance customization kiosks to make use of a new appearance set for their existing charcters. This would be much more enjoyed by the broader player base then adding a new race I think... though adding a new race at the same time would be a good move as well.

But the Chiss did get new appearance customization options not too long ago. They are included in other options such as the extra complexions and hair colours and styles. I get that hairstyles and hair colours aren't applicable to Twi'lek, but they could have at least been included into the yellow Sith eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle. Like there is no logical reason to exclude them from that if the Cathar got their own unique eye design for those 3 eye colours.

If i'm not mistaken, except for eye colours where you have no choice (which is a bit sad, it could range from orange to dark red or something like that), and skin tones and hair colours where you have something like 6 options, Chiss have pretty much the same options as Humans, with around 20 different faces, while Twilek only have like 4 small variations each for actually 3 different faces, i think only cyborgs have as few faces options as Twi'lek.

I'd really rather have no possibility tu use headgear on my Twi'lek if it meant i could choose from the around 20 faces the other species have, just like for Togruta. And if they want only 12 options at least use 12 really different faces not 4x3 faces.

This is really what i'd like the most for Twi'lek. More skin tones and eyes colours could be nice too.

But yeah more skin tones and hair colours for Chiss (and maybe 1 or 2 options for eye colours) could be nice as well.

Edited by Goreshaga

I think any new cosmetic customizations would be nice as would new species. I think why humans get more is because humans are a free species to play. Some class's get Twi'lets free as other classes get Chiss and so on. For the most part you have to buy an unlock to use. There is a lack of Twi'lek customizations I agree but others don't really have that many other than human. Some yes a lot no.

I would like the cyborg customizations added to all species even as a CM upgrade as well as new skin tones for all species, which include Twi'leks. Some of the cyborg armour sets work well for this. Other than new skin tones for Twi'lets which should be easy to do OP, I think it be far more useful to add a few customization you would like to see for Twi'lets in your opening post. I personally have lots of Twi'lek characters so new customs be nice to see.

Edited by StormForceDax

I think any new cosmetic customizations would be nice as would new species. I think why humans get more is because humans are a free species to play. Some class's get Twi'lets free as other classes get Chiss and so on. For the most part you have to buy an unlock to use. There is a lack of Twi'lek customizations I agree but others don't really have that many other than human. Some yes a lot no.

I would like the cyborg customizations added to all species even as a CM upgrade as well as new skin tones for all species, which include Twi'leks. Some of the cyborg armour sets work well for this. Other than new skin tones for Twi'lets which should be easy to do OP, I think it be far more useful to add a few customization you would like to see for Twi'lets in you opening post. I personally have lots of Twi'lek characters so new customs be nice to see.

As much as I would love to see a new species being added into the game, for example the Chagrians or the Nautolans, I'd prefer it if Bioware first released some new stuff for the existing species. Like, they could make specific species-focused bundles and release them like over several months. Then once all the current playable species have received an update to their customization options, we could have a new species be introduced into the game as a playable one. Or at least, that's how I'd hope for things to go :)

If i'm not mistaken, except for eye colours where you have no choice (which is a bit sad, it could range from orange to dark red or something like that), and skin tones and hair colours where you have something like 6 options, Chiss have pretty much the same options as Humans, with around 20 different faces, while Twilek only have like 4 small variations each for actually 3 different faces, i think only cyborgs have as few faces options as Twi'lek.

I'd really rather have no possibility tu use headgear on my Twi'lek if it meant i could choose from the around 20 faces the other species have, just like for Togruta. And if they want only 12 options at least use 12 really different faces not 4x3 faces.

This is really what i'd like the most for Twi'lek. More skin tones and eyes colours could be nice too.

But yeah more skin tones and hair colours for Chiss (and maybe 1 or 2 options for eye colours) could be nice as well.

Female Chiss have a lot of options as far as unique faces, if perhaps not as many as humans. The males don't have many however. I believe it is six for male Chiss?

Still I'd argue male Chiss, despite also needing more unique faces, are in a slightly better place than Twi'leks. Twi'leks appear to have more, but once you go through the options it quickly becomes clear that there are really only four unique faces and the rest are just extremely minor tweaks of a previous face that still leave it nearly identical.

At some point this weekend I might play around in the CC and compile a list to post in thread of where each species and gender combo are regarding unique faces. From memory I believe Twi'leks have the fewest unique faces, at least of the species you don't need a CC unlock to play, but has also been awhile since I've created characters from some of the species. Perhaps my memory is flawed.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I just noticed this now and I think this is actually a little foreshadowing, but remember that cantina crawl guy? Paxton Rall? Who was supposed to come as a promotional companion but got into the game earlier than intended? I just noticed he has a ton of new features going on in his appearance!

https://imgur.com/a/kIHZtjd

Most importantly... HE IS PURPLE. Secondly, he has the yellow eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle seemingly. Tertiary, he has a new tattoo going on! I think... this means... that the Twi'lek Crusade will soon reach its Promised Land of New Customization Options for the Twi'lek :D

I just noticed this now and I think this is actually a little foreshadowing, but remember that cantina crawl guy? Paxton Rall? Who was supposed to come as a promotional companion but got into the game earlier than intended? I just noticed he has a ton of new features going on in his appearance!

https://imgur.com/a/kIHZtjd

Most importantly... HE IS PURPLE. Secondly, he has the yellow eyes from the Expanded Selections bundle seemingly. Tertiary, he has a new tattoo going on! I think... this means... that the Twi'lek Crusade will soon reach its Promised Land of New Customization Options for the Twi'lek :D

We can hope, but I wouldn't necessarily take that as certain.

Vette for instance has had a customization since launch I believe that gives her both red skin and red eyes. While players can create Lethans (red-skinned Twi'leks), they can't pair it with red eyes. Red eyes simply aren't a customization option for the player in the CC. The player can obtain red eyes via dark side corruption, but that also comes paired with blotchy, bleached skin.

We can hope, but I wouldn't necessarily take that as certain.

Vette for instance has had a customization since launch I believe that gives her both red skin and red eyes. While players can create Lethans (red-skinned Twi'leks), they can't pair it with red eyes. Red eyes simply aren't a customization option for the player in the CC. The player can obtain red eyes via dark side corruption, but that also comes paired with blotchy, bleached skin.

It's not a 100% guarantuee no, but it would be weird if they made a companion with all the customization options that have been requested over the years and then not give them to the players. Like that would be really weird and in my opinion unlikely :p so the fact that a promotional companion is getting these textures and designs to me signals we'll be seeing them in the appearance designer as well.

As to the red eyes, maybe that will be a customization option in the future too! Initially it was intended as the Dark Side corruption, but now that those eye colours have turned more yellowish than red perhaps the old red colour could become a customization option! I'd welcome it for sure :)

While I agree with you in principle.. I also understand that they have pretty well painted themselves into a corner with Leku clipping and interference with head pieces.

This really is a nightmare of their own making.. and they solved it with Togruta by simply making any headpiece on that race hidden. Are you up for no head gear showing on Twi'lek? Because I think that is the only way your suggestion ever sees the light of day.

NO! All they have to do is make a few species-specific pieces to sell in the CM. It seems (mildly) unreasonable to expect all headgear to adapt to twi'lek, but they can make some specific to different species who have this issue. Cosmetic, but moddable, is all we need. I would happily pay CC for this.

While Twi'lek headpieces are something I'd love to see as well, I'd not take that over new customization options. Like sure, give us new headbands for female Twi'lek characters in appearance designer and heck, why not also introduce some for the male Twi'lek as well. But I'd like to see such customization options (new skin colours, complexions, eye colours, tattoos) first and then they can work on headgear for Twi'lek.

No, this is not something for the character designer. This is a gear issue. This is a continuing customization issue. I don't want to be stuck with something... I want to be able to choose how my twi'lek looks/dresses. :t_mad: