Overworld NPC models persist through conversations

SteelieCZ

...making it seem like the people I'm talking to have their identical twins do something random next to them, or better yet, INSIDE them. I have never seen any bug that is as bizarre as this, and to my surprise, I haven't found anybody else experiencing this glitch on the whole internet.

I'd post pictures, but it doesn't always happen, and I can never really know when it happens. It seems to be specific to certain conversations, especially if they're in an instanced area. Probably the biggest offender has always been Jedi Consular's intercom when I talk with the members of the Rift Alliance, with Nadia Grell's face sticking out of senator Grell's chest like a xenomorph. I've been avoiding rerolling a Consular for the last year or so only because this glitch ruins the immersion so much.

...making it seem like the people I'm talking to have their identical twins do something random next to them, or better yet, INSIDE them. I have never seen any bug that is as bizarre as this, and to my surprise, I haven't found anybody else experiencing this glitch on the whole internet.

I'd post pictures, but it doesn't always happen, and I can never really know when it happens. It seems to be specific to certain conversations, especially if they're in an instanced area. Probably the biggest offender has always been Jedi Consular's intercom when I talk with the members of the Rift Alliance, with Nadia Grell's face sticking out of senator Grell's chest like a xenomorph. I've been avoiding rerolling a Consular for the last year or so only because this glitch ruins the immersion so much.

Yeah, this one has been around for ages, at least as far back as the release of 3.0 (Shadow of Revan). The other ones that are particularly notorious for it are the ones in the safehouse in Raider's Cove on Rishi, especially the one just after the end of the Battle of Rishi FP.

*Usually* you can fix it by Esc-ing out of the conversation and starting again.

Do you mean something like Kira in the first conversation on Uphrades as jedi knight?

I don't know which conversation that would be as jedi consular. Usually Nadja is in the medical room on the ship and not somewhere else. Do you know where and when this conversation happens? I still have the records of the conversations from the class story.

Do you mean something like Kira in the first conversation on Uphrades as jedi knight?

I don't know which conversation that would be as jedi consular. Usually Nadja is in the medical room on the ship and not somewhere else. Do you know where and when this conversation happens? I still have the records of the conversations from the class story.

That's a fairly good example.

It's a bug. Lots of conversations *can* do it, and some do it *often*. The most notorious examples are:

* Jedi Consular story cinematics taking place in the class ship, especially in the conference room where Zenith stands.

* Shadow of Revan cinematics taking place in the safe house in Raider's Cove on Rishi, ESPECIALLY immediately after the Battle of Rishi FP.

[...]

* Jedi Consular story cinematics taking place in the class ship, especially in the conference room where Zenith stands.

[...]

Hmm... couldn't find that one specifically. Although it was mid april '18 when I recorded it and I've been going through rather quickly than thorough. :D

But these "addtional" companion npc's often bug around. i.e. gear faction switch or "black" layer on the skin of the body.

Hmm... couldn't find that one specifically. Although it was mid april '18 when I recorded it and I've been going through rather quickly than thorough. :D

But these "addtional" companion npc's often bug around. i.e. gear faction switch or "black" layer on the skin of the body.

The gear faction switch is a *different* bug. Any gear piece that has different appearances when worn by *characters* of different factions will, when worn by a companion, switch appearance between the open world and cinematics. If the companion is Lana Beniko or (I think) Theron Shan, the "normal" appearance is the "wrong" faction. That is, Lana dresses like a Jedi until you go into a cutscene, at which point she switches to dressing like a Sith.

And the reference to Zenith was so you'd know which room I'm talking about. The scenes in question are the ones involving the Rift Alliance diplomats.