Matrix Shards Mishap

CoffeeChicago

:ph_welcome:

I'm a bit of an on off again, on again player so I apologize if this was covered already. I've tried doing a search and did not see this particular issue covered. I have a couple older toons that I had collected datacrons and matrix shards back when we where still using Aim, Cunning, Willpower, and Strength.

After the updates my matrix shards (including crafted relics) where removed because of the update changes. Recently I tried to recollect them but I'm getting an error "You are no longer able to access this datacron". Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I realize the relics that are crafted from them are not as powerful as many current relics are, but I just want to have the shards collected on my toons. :jawa_tongue:

Hmmm, does this post answer your Q?

I checked two of my old toons. That had made matrix cube relics. Now, they both have all matrix shards in their "mission items" inventory. Sounds like you are saying that yours are not there? Likely you can't recollect them since it still is logged as that character having done so. So I think your only recourse would be to make a CS ticket.

Edited by DocDAM

Sounds like you are saying that yours are not there? Likely you can't recollect them since it still is logged as that character having done so. So I think your only recourse would be to make a CS ticket.

that is exactly what i am sayings, so then for whatever reason, none of my older toons have them. I was hoping there was an easier fix, but looks like I got to do a CS ticket. Thans for the reply :jawa_tongue:

that is exactly what i am sayings, so then for whatever reason, none of my older toons have them. I was hoping there was an easier fix, but looks like I got to do a CS ticket. Thans for the reply :jawa_tongue:

Not sure about the matrix ones, but the non-matrix datacrons that give you a +bonus (End, Mastery etc) can only be collected once per Legacy as any character created automatically benefits from previous collection.

Edited by Tahana

:ph_welcome:

I'm a bit of an on off again, on again player so I apologize if this was covered already. I've tried doing a search and did not see this particular issue covered. I have a couple older toons that I had collected datacrons and matrix shards back when we where still using Aim, Cunning, Willpower, and Strength.

After the updates my matrix shards (including crafted relics) where removed because of the update changes. Recently I tried to recollect them but I'm getting an error "You are no longer able to access this datacron". Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I realize the relics that are crafted from them are not as powerful as many current relics are, but I just want to have the shards collected on my toons. :jawa_tongue:

Maybe its silly of me to think, but have you looked in the "Mission Items" in your inventory? They are not in your normal inventory, but in the mission tab. If you cant collect them again on that toon it means you already got them.

Maybe its silly of me to think, but have you looked in the "Mission Items" in your inventory? They are not in your normal inventory, but in the mission tab. If you cant collect them again on that toon it means you already got them.

Yes, I did. My new toons I have collected them on have the shards in the mission inventory, but not my older toons.

Dan here from STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

First then I want to apologize for the delay in getting back to you on this issue but we sadly have a backlog at the

moment so our responce times have therefor increased as well.

I have reviewed your report about the Matrix Shards you lost due to the 4.0 but I am sorry to say that this is not a bug but working as intended.

The Matrix shards have been fully removed from the game and as such, cannot be gained or recovered anymore and such, then we are not able to restore them either as it is mentioned, working as intended.

Please be advised, that if by any chance I have missed any details that might be important or should you require further aid with this or any other issue please feel free to contact us again at any time.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dan,

SWTOR Customer Service

:rak_02: I am kind of confused with this response I got from customer service. I lost all the shards on the toon that had them before 4.0, but I am able to gain them on other toons that I have after the 4.0. Hoping to get some feed back from other players here.

This is sadly the thing with people in CS, they dont really play the game and its only a "job" for them. You cannot expect the people to fully understand the game and its parts. The thing is to keep on submitting a ticket until you get a positive result. On the otherhand, one person also posted a CS reply which stated he cant spam CS service or he will be banned :D

Dan here from Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service.

I have reviewed your follow-up regarding the Matrix Cubes/Shard and I must admit that even I am puzzled about this issue as the information I have said they should have been removed but we don’t have any public sources of this.

As such, then I have raised the question about this topic with the “powers that be” and I have left your ticket (ID: 33368874) in a holding tier while I await more information on how these are supposed to work now a days.

Please be advised that it may take a day or two but in the meantime your ticket will remain open until I have an answer.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dan,

SWTOR Customer Service

!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.