The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If Character that unlocked a Cartel item has been deleted HOW can I unlock the item?

I would like to Unlock a Cartel item for ALL my characters, however it appears that the 'toon that originally unlocked the item has been deleted. Yes, I went through ALL my 'toons attempting to purchase the Account wide unlock on the item, and was rewarded with the message "This item has been unlocked by another 'toon." So, is there ANY way I can unlock the item for my Account? :eek:

I would like to Unlock a Cartel item for ALL my characters, however it appears that the 'toon that originally unlocked the item has been deleted. Yes, I went through ALL my 'toons attempting to purchase the Account wide unlock on the item, and was rewarded with the message "This item has been unlocked by another 'toon." So, is there ANY way I can unlock the item for my Account? :eek:

So you did this:

* Open the Collections interface.

* Find the item.

* See two buttons: a dimmed one that would allow you to claim the item, except it's dimmed, and one undimmed one with a Cartel Coins symbol.

* Click the second button.

And you saw a message telling you that the item has been unlocked by another character? (No way in Heck that such a message would use the word "toon".)

I did ALL the above...and I use "toon, to fit message into character count. (Sheesh)

I did all the above for ALL 29 of my characters. NONE of them had the option to purchase the unlock for the Cartel Item.

So NOW WHAT?

I did ALL the above...and I use "toon, to fit message into character count. (Sheesh)

What character count? Have you seen the walls of text that some people post on the forums? What makes you think there's a character count that's going to affect a four-line post?

Even when the original character that had the items unlocked is deleted you can still purchase the ability to unlock it in collections for your whole legacy by pressing the button and pay CC.

I did it many times. Deleted so many characters over the years that originally had the items equipped and still have those sets available for legacy unlock if I want to.

Just contact customer support if you're having any trouble. If what you're writing is true it is most likely a bug and they can fix it for you. The only thing we can do here is write endless forum messages without getting anything fixed for you.

I did all the above for ALL 29 of my characters. NONE of them had the option to purchase the unlock for the Cartel Item.

So NOW WHAT?

What was the item you were trying to unlock? did it come with modifications already inside it?

Keep in mind not all items can be account unlocked, they may have information stating additional copies of this item can only be bought on the cartel market