Tracer Lock Talent (Arsenal)

MaGLiO

Sorry if this has been posted before but........ is this talent working? I def don't see a dmg increase on my Rail Shot.

Tracer Lock

Tracer Missile grants Target Lock, increasing the damage dealt by the next Rail Shot by 6%. Stacks up to 5 times.

It works fine for me, rail shot is lack-luster without this talent. Further, it works better on regular and weak targets by design.

I've had crits with a full 5 stacks of tracer lock hit for over 1500 on a level 32 npc last night.

I think it might be more due to what you're shooting.

Doesn't seem to be doing that for me.... lol

Went up to a Normal mob with 5Stacks which is +30% and it hit for 790 when my Rail Shot says it does 662-794 at my current Ranked Spell.

Edited by MaGLiO

Doesn't seem to be doing that for me.... lol

Went up to a Normal mob with 5Stacks which is +30% and it hit for 790 when my Rail Shot says it does 662-794 at my current Ranked Spell.

Tool tips don't account for the damage reduction an npc will have due to their armor. You're getting the same damage I am on equal level elite mobs without a crit.

Most regular difficulty npc's my own level die in 1 power shot with 5 tracer lock boosts and 1 or 2 follow up tracer missiles. If Power shot crits, it usually takes 2 rapid shots to finish the npc off.

To be honest, I don't tend to use power shot very much against anything that isn't regular or weaker difficulty as it doesn't give enough damage output unless I failed to manage my heat well enough to use something other than rapid shots.

• 1 month later...

Rail shot has a variance of at least 200 damage built into the skill, coupled with the fact armor fluxuates based on debuffs available on the mob you are fighting, automatically makes people think the debuff provided by tracer lock is broken.

2 0 init SetCharges: InitialCharges=>1, MaxCharges=>5

2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1, IsPerCaster=>1

2 0 init SetScalesWithCharges

2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect

2 1 action ModifyMetaStat: Amount=>0.06, Stat=>Damage Done Modifier (Percentage), Coefficient=>1, StatModType=>1

Game files would dictate that it indeed is working as intended. I have seen 2900-4200 damage crits. Crazy variance right?

Edited by Crestlin