Companions Geared Up

Atlan_Vox

recent in course of events lost vette iam noticing nico is good replace for duel pistol but i cant gear him up same goes for arcann and few other companions is there and chance of this changing i notice you took shae vizla,, theron shan, lana beniko just was wondering if eventually any of the other ones that can just equip weapons would change to being able to place armor on them

You can't "gear up" any companion any more. Some (but, as you noticed, not all) can be given "cosmetic" armour, but it's just cosmetic.

That is, gear for companions is just there for the looks, ever since 4.0 was launched in October 2015. They make no use of whatever stats are on the armour.

Unfortunately, in their endless efforts to dumb-down SWTOR so even Forrest Gump can be a pro they removed companion gearing a long time ago.

It was the only way to solve the outfit designer for companions issue that many players requested. Besides gearing companions was neither difficult or time consuming it was rather tedious. Plus I prefer placing my companions in gear that may not be modable.

You can't "gear up" any companion any more. Some (but, as you noticed, not all) can be given "cosmetic" armour, but it's just cosmetic.

That is, gear for companions is just there for the looks, ever since 4.0 was launched in October 2015. They make no use of whatever stats are on the armour.

This is actually better, I don't want to bother besides gearing my characters also with gearing up companions with stat items. The companion customization should remain purely cosmetic.

Edited by Lunablade

recent in course of events lost vette iam noticing nico is good replace for duel pistol but i cant gear him up same goes for arcann and few other companions is there and chance of this changing i notice you took shae vizla,, theron shan, lana beniko just was wondering if eventually any of the other ones that can just equip weapons would change to being able to place armor on them

I use to won the Eternal Championship on the Jedi Knight with Kira because companions did had gear up modify status that match the same Jedi Knight character. Yes it needs brought back to help players gaming experience. I see that group player finder not as easy to get players and needs another way. Add group companion for players want to summon out more companions for mission operations, flashpoints that only works if you setup the mission the old normal way on fleet station. We know that group player finder is for players.

This is actually better, I don't want to bother besides gearing my characters also with gearing up companions with stat items. The companion customization should remain purely cosmetic.

Absolutely. I played all the way through 2.0 and 3.0 with poor Kylath having to upgrade her companions' armour and weapons as she went. Ugh. At least she's a trooper, where all the companions used Aim gear and heavy armour, just like the boss.

Just like that Gree droid on Coruscant: "Never going back."

I had no problem gearing up companions leveling up. I craft which makes a difference and when legacy gear came out made it easier. We also had the gear from Yavin later on. There was also hand me downs from the chr you used. It didn't

take that much effort. Now the only gear they need is a shovel and a cigarette since to often they stand around unless you hit attack for a lot of engagements.