The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More full hood no cape/cloak chest pieces please

OdinTGE

By "full hood" I mean a hood like the diabolist robes, ravager's robes, chancery shirt, etc. That is, a hood that does not leave room for a helm under it which then looks very odd if no helm is worn.

It is my strong opinion that all capes, trench coat, and cloak type things look quite bad. This is a result of the many glitches involving flowing pieces, hip/thigh sheathed weapons clipping, and the very annoying bouncing of the cape/cloak/coat when you run and your feet kick it up.

I'd really like to see more chest armor that has the full hood, but has no portion that descends below the belt. Revan's robes (and it's many variations), the diabolist robes, the thermoweave coat, and some limited others fit this description but they all have other things I really don't like. (Undyable portions, extremely plain, odd sleeveless vest thing, etc.).

I posted this exact thing in the "Official Armor" thread (so why not again) because I completely agree with you on this.

"I've always wanted a version of the Brocart Coat, Inquisitor’s Exalted, Force Initiate, that was either ALL the way black or could be dyed properly ALL the way black (and that includes the out of place silver area). Always thought it was one of the coolest designs in the game but only a little of the chest and a piece of the hood dyes on it. Same thing could be said about Silent Ghost/Sith Hermit. Those would also both be nice sets all Black. EA has a nasty habit of making sets with possibility that end up not so hot b/c of the little pieces that will never take a dye. But we all know that. They've been doing it for years..."

I'll add here that as cool as Revan's outfit is (not "Reborn") I personally hate those weird sash shoulder pads on that set and the sets that look like it and would go for one of it's alternatives like Chacanery that lacked the gold if it weren't for them. That statement even includes the Phantom set which is all black. The thing that makes the Brocart Coat (Thermal Duelist’s MK-2 and all it's shells) is the wrapping as well.

Edited by TyrFoge