The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are Chiss racist?

Isolationist, as people said. I wouldn't actually call them xenophobic or racist, given that it was implied in previous novels that they do allow outsiders who prove themselves to become part of their society.

As a society though, they just tend to stick to themselves and have a rule not to ever attack anyone first. This is why for a long time no one even knew they existed.

As for being superior, they are believed to be overall stronger and more intelligent than humans in general. As I said, I wouldn't call them racist, but they are definitely a proud people and don't easily trust outsiders.

You mean as in difference from humans? The most racist and speciest bunch of a-hats in the Galaxy?

For no actual reason than being capable of rapid breeding...

Kinda' like bunnies feeling superior to elephants...

The Chiss at least have valid reasons to feel superior.

My 2 cents.:rak_03:

xenophobic ? maybe a little --- isolationists ? --- definitely

but remember their history ...... I can see how they would turn isolationists

and as for Thrawn ( and I too love him) -- as I read the book, he was a rebel against his own people --- that is why they did what they did ( don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read "Outbound Flight ", or the next book in line -- can't remember the name, sorry )

also believe he is a bit force sensitive; that is the only way I can accept that he can do what he does and knows what he knows about his "enemies" ( really, he is kind of spooky at times he is so intuitive)

Edited by Tashia

I don't know if I would call them racist. they are isolationists and very prideful, as they believe themselves better than everyone else, but that has a lot to do with their culture. They are also highly intelligent and logical, and if shown evidence they are wrong about a person, they are open to change; the ascendancy is not the empire Edited by cool-dude