Wanted to summon out more companions for make a group.

Wagerbane

Two things would happen:

1) Your companions are way OP and the gameplay is not fun.

2) Your companions are too stupid for tactics and it you never win Ops. FPs are so simple anyway, this will be easy no matter what.

That, and managing so many companions would just be... less than stellar.

I like the idea, in theory. I just don't think they could implement it properly.

Two things would happen:

1) Your companions are way OP and the gameplay is not fun.

2) Your companions are too stupid for tactics and it you never win Ops. FPs are so simple anyway, this will be easy no matter what.

That, and managing so many companions would just be... less than stellar.

I like the idea, in theory. I just don't think they could implement it properly.

They had it implemented in the original Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 so they could again if they wanted too. They wont Do it though, do to this being a Multiplayer Game and it is meant for Other Players to go on Op and FP runs with you. Trust me i like to see this too. I gave up on its years ago.

Take Care & Be Well....

They had it implemented in the original Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 so they could again if they wanted too. They wont Do it though, do to this being a Multiplayer Game and it is meant for Other Players to go on Op and FP runs with you. Trust me i like to see this too. I gave up on its years ago.

Take Care & Be Well....

KOTOR1&2 did not have the mechanics of operations where...for example:

EV puzzle - two teams of four must complete two different puzzles

or again in EV - each character must face off against a different NPC and none of them can help each other.

or in KP - DPS must be equally divided between Jarg and Sarno

or in EC (the first mechanics heavy op) - the mine field puzzle where a single character (usually a tank) must unlock the path AND defeat NPCs while the rest of group moves through and defeats NPCs...not to mention that lone person can't get through until the rest of the group is on the other side and clicks a terminal.

the list goes on and on and on.

The point being, sure KOTOR allowed a player to utilize a full party but that does not mean that code translates to creating a system where a single player can run 8 characters through an operation in SWTOR.

I did not state that you could do what you said, and what you said is true. I was Just stating you could take companions with you if you wish. It was either, You, the player, or Player and 1 companion or player and 2 companions, thats it. And no they didnt have the mechanics to do what a full team or real players can together in TOR. I also still believe they could implement a player and to tag along, 2 or 3 companions with you on some missions. Stuff like tactics and getting a companion to push a button at the same time as you, no. Now could it be done, if BW wanted to do it in TOR? Yes, but those types of Mission would then be best for MP not Players NPC Companions.

So other wise some Ops and FPs you can use a team of Comp, and others you need a MP team to get the job done.

It would take altering the game engine again, i do not see that happening, sad to say.

Take Care & Be Well...

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I try that new player group finder and not many players will show up for player Operations mission and uprising mission under player group finder. We requested game professional builder to programing the another way for summon out more companion to make a group.

Let say Flash points and Operation have two way rules for Player group or companion group.

Flash points missions may need 4: Your advance class character and take 3 companions of your choice.

Operation missions may need 8: Your advance class character and take 7 companions of your choice.

You can assign each your companions on what ever wanted to do Tank, Damage or Heal.

Flash points and Operation mission will only allow to use group with companions under recommend number to allow like the player group. Will not allowed you summon a extra more companions in your class story and planet story. You need to travel to your operations missions and Flash point mission area that is the old way to make a group with companions but does not need to work under player group finder.

Also this will help like bring back our companions modify skill status feature but not on Pets companions.

Wanted that soon.