The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Idle animations

This game has always been a bit weak in the idle/stance department, in contrast to some very strong facial/speech animations. Other RPGs tend to be a bit more animated in general in this department and some let you pick a mood/stance to go with your character.

Maybe it would be possibly to create unlockable idle animations (emote on steroids basically) of that we could set characters to different non-combat stances? Its a bit more intensive of an animation project than just a dance emote/etc,. but possibly if there seemed to be interest there would seem to be at least a couple that would fit well to the modes of something like a grizzled old Sith or an arrogant smuggler.

Nice idea. I'd like to have that in the general game as well (outside of CM).

I remember toons in Adventure Games occationally meditationg, for example.

The algorith should be simple :

if keypress or mouesemove older than 3 minutes, then do animation.

if keypress or mousemove then stop animation

I'd say that 3 minutes of idle is way far too long to wait to activate fidget animations. And yes, I think it would be a good idea. Both GW1 and GW2 have them, and in GW2, if your character has a weapon out, he/she will fidget with it - hold a "greatsword" and inspect the blade, sight along pistols, etc.

But the best are the fidget animations for the GW2 mounts. I shaln't "spoil" them, but they are almost (not quite, but almost) worth the price of the expansion just for those. Well, not really, but the mounts *in general* definitely are worth the price of the expansion even without the story and the return to Elona. They add a great deal to the gameplay, and four of the five are story rewards. (The fifth is the reward for a scavenger-hunt type quest sequence that occurs after you finish the main story, a bit like HK-51, but with more things to find, and less tedium per thing.)

Anyone else remember when /crossarms used to actually work? Yeah, a long fricken time ago. I used to enjoy being able to use that emote and stand with my arms crossed indefinitely which I haven't been able to do for years since it was broken.