Returning player, companions lost MOST clothing. Where can I find some?

Ethor

I read about the 4.0 changes. But most of my characters did NOT receive the email with their clothing. I have one character with ZERO clothing for all of the companions. I have tried many vendors, the kiosk, and not having much luck. The market kiosk searches have yielded little to no results for some reason. And what little I do find is outrageously priced for just a companion, since stats do not matter anymore. I guess inflation hit big time while I was away.

I have read threads with just blank answers that say "everywhere." But I am looking everywhere. Can somebody point me the right direction? I have spent a lot of time trying to get clothes for my companions and still have not actually played the game to get caught up.

Thank you.

Hello

Since the changeing patch your comp. dont need armour. The stats are given by the affliction and not the gear. Now you can use any tipe of armour on your comp.s so you can use all your main gear or just a cartell market sets or make copyes frome the collection. So the everywhere is everywhere :)

I hope it helps. :)

I read about the 4.0 changes. But most of my characters did NOT receive the email with their clothing. I have one character with ZERO clothing for all of the companions. I have tried many vendors, the kiosk, and not having much luck. The market kiosk searches have yielded little to no results for some reason. And what little I do find is outrageously priced for just a companion, since stats do not matter anymore. I guess inflation hit big time while I was away.

I have read threads with just blank answers that say "everywhere." But I am looking everywhere. Can somebody point me the right direction? I have spent a lot of time trying to get clothes for my companions and still have not actually played the game to get caught up.

Thank you.

Hey mate, I ended up using either my old gear as I replaced it from quests/dailies. I did the whole no pants thing for awhile just for the share humor of it haha

I have read threads with just blank answers that say "everywhere." But I am looking everywhere. Can somebody point me the right direction?

I think your difficulty may be that you don't realize that companions can wear the same clothes/armor as you. While there is some armor that is specific to companions, they can also wear any other clothing.

That's why people are saying "everywhere" - you can buy armor for you and/or your companions, almost anywhere.

Here's a neat trick for you. You can "stamp" a piece/set of armor into one of your characters "outfit" slots and then put the actual piece on your companion so you have matching outfits.

I think your difficulty may be that you don't realize that companions can wear the same clothes/armor as you. While there is some armor that is specific to companions, they can also wear any other clothing.

That's why people are saying "everywhere" - you can buy armor for you and/or your companions, almost anywhere.

Here's a neat trick for you. You can "stamp" a piece/set of armor into one of your characters "outfit" slots and then put the actual piece on your companion so you have matching outfits.

I was aware of that part. The problem is one of my characters has no other clothing at all. So I guess I am just going to have to run around and collect some until then. Maybe mail some clothing from my other characters as well.

I was just looking for some cheap clothing in the meantime on vendors and the kiosk.

1) Besides the mail, checked the bottom of your cargo hold for red alert info about recovered items?

2) Go to level 7 vendor in supply section on fleet and buy custom armor for 600 or 2500 credits each (2500 is for the bind to legacy pieces). Lots of nice old armor sets here for next to nothing.

3) Use your toon's hand-me-downs

4) Go to GTN, and just get cheap green armor, even L10. Stats don't matter. I think they waived the light/med/heavy req't for toons? If so, should find some dirt cheap.

5) By armor from specialty vendor on each planet. Though blue and not very cheap.

6) Run heroics, open the RNG crates which contain very nice blue gear. And give to comp or you wear and they get hand-me-downs. (this is time consuming, and RNG means full sets will take too long, but there's a lot of nice armor this way now)

1) Besides the mail, checked the bottom of your cargo hold for red alert info about recovered items?

Yeah, now that you mention it, most of the "recovered" armor from companions that I've gotten, appeared in my Cargo Hold, not in the mail. Check all tabs of your Cargo Hold - if you're CH is full, make some room and the armor may appear next time you log in.

Thanks for all the answers. I have been gone a while, although I was here before it went live.

A lot of catching up to do. So many things have changed. And I have to relearn my characters abilities, several that changed.

Since I left my account active during most of my leave, I built up a huge surplus of cartel coins.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.