Too laggy to move/fight

dmetria

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.

The game is too laggy to move/fight. Moving/turning to run in a straight line is impossible. Forget actually fighting... Getting the stories/quests work fine.

My graphics are as low as they will go. I played in one of the betas and after reducing my graphics I was able to move around fine. But now that's not even helping. I get 4 bars on the meter, which suggests I should be fine...but not so much.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have same issue. lagging and barely able to move or fight. as well beta worked fine when graphics were turned to low. i was able to see characters legs move when walking. Now is very choppy. is there other options to turn down graphics or draw distance?

A few more things to consider:

Swap file space on your hard drive.

Current system within the recommended specs? Ie, processor, video and ram

Hate to tell you this but if your below the recommended specs, its time to update/replace your system...if you want the game to run smoothly

If you are on a slightly older machine it might be worth ensuring you close some of the applications you are running in the background.

A few people from our guild had FPS problems today went back to almost perfect performance by closing web browsers that had flash player running in it and occassionally other background applications.

I know this is pretty obvious stuff, but hope this helps.

Regards,

Gendak.

1. Open Cataclyst/Ati Control Center or Nvidia control panel

2. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16

3. Optionally, force AA to x2,x4 or x8

4. Set In-Game Anisotropic Filtering to "low".

If the issue persists, we ask that you please try the following:

1 – Go to game Preferences / Graphics. Turn off the 'bloom' option from the 'Advanced' section. This should give you about 10-20 fps increase.

2- This one is for high end PCs. If your game has high fps but is still stuttering, please go to game Preferences / Graphics and turn on the 'vertical sync' option in 'General' section. This should improve your framerate issue (however, this may decrease fps in low end machines though).

Don't know if any of this is relevent any more, but it was a fix for some of the same issues in the beta. This was from a thread lol I copied it too note pad along with alot of other crap lol

Edited by williambr

I am having these same issues, I have a relatively high end system (AMD 6850, AMD phenom II 3.4 ghz quad core, 8 gb of ram) and my connection is fine as well (ping hovered between 75 and 85 and I downloaded the patch at 2.4 mbps). I have been in beta for 3 months and had no issues at all, started happening today. I can move and fight okay, its just extremely slow (a guildmate of mine was saying that it looked like I was glitching around alot). I am doing a fresh re install if that helps at all.

*edit* I have also messed with graphics settings quiet a bit, including enableing vsync, but with vsync turned off my average FPS is around 80

Edited by Deadeyedave

I am having these same issues, I have a relatively high end system (AMD 6850, AMD phenom II 3.4 ghz quad core, 8 gb of ram) and my connection is fine as well (ping hovered between 75 and 85 and I downloaded the patch at 2.4 mbps). I have been in beta for 3 months and had no issues at all, started happening today. I can move and fight okay, its just extremely slow (a guildmate of mine was saying that it looked like I was glitching around alot). I am doing a fresh re install if that helps at all.

*edit* I have also messed with graphics settings quiet a bit, including enableing vsync, but with vsync turned off my average FPS is around 80

Only posting to say this is the only helpful post regarding this issue so far. It's impossible to troubleshooting any issue or find any common factor if everyone just reports "it runs like hell". Post specs, specifics, troubleshooting steps taken...if you don't know how to give specifics, google "how to run dxdiag" and copy that system information.

Only posting to say this is the only helpful post regarding this issue so far. It's impossible to troubleshooting any issue or find any common factor if everyone just reports "it runs like hell". Post specs, specifics, troubleshooting steps taken...if you don't know how to give specifics, google "how to run dxdiag" and copy that system information.

Can't find how to copy the dxdiag... Tell me if I'm missing something important for troubleshooting.

I'm quite aware that the issue is my video card (playing on a laptop... makes me quite mad that nothing's working since I bought it less than a year ago... Had I known the game would actually come out, I would have bought something else!)

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6670@2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

4 Go RAM

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

During the Beta weekends (11/11 and the one before), I was able to get a "playable" FPS of 15-20 by turning all the graphics down to their lowest settings, turning off bloom, vsync, shadows, etc. I also got an improvement by setting my resolution to 800x600 (instead of 1366x768).

Now, with all settings to the lowest, I can barely get a FPS of 5 (and that's when I'm lucky). Some options I was able to turn off during the beta are not there anymore, and I can't change the resolution (it gets back to 1366x768 right away). I tried the windowed mode, but it doesn't seem to change much.

All drivers are up to date... I don't think there is any other program running in the background...

Hope this helps! Please, don't tell me to get another computer; I can't afford it right now! :p

Edited by MasterAgarwaen

Can't find how to copy the dxdiag... Tell me if I'm missing something important for troubleshooting.

I'm quite aware that the issue is my video card (playing on a laptop... makes me quite mad that nothing's working since I bought it less than a year ago... Had I known the game would actually come out, I would have bought something else!)

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6670@2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

4 Go RAM

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

During the Beta weekends (11/11 and the one before), I was able to get a "playable" FPS of 15-20 by turning all the graphics down to their lowest settings, turning off bloom, vsync, shadows, etc. I also got an improvement by setting my resolution to 800x600 (instead of 1366x768).

Now, with all settings to the lowest, I can barely get a FPS of 5 (and that's when I'm lucky). Some options I was able to turn off during the beta are not there anymore, and I can't change the resolution (it gets back to 1366x768 right away).

Hope this helps! Please, don't tell me to get another computer; I can't afford it right now! :p

I am pretty sure that 'graphics card' is the bare minimum to run the game, the procesor is only .2 ghz above the min. The min requirement is an intel 4100. I would try to run in windowed mode at the lowest possible resolution to see what your fps is (i guess windowed mode helps some peoples FPS from what I have read). Don't forget to check and make sure your drivers are updated, if none of that works I would have no idea what to say other than you probably need a new computer, unfortunately.

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.

The game is too laggy to move/fight. Moving/turning to run in a straight line is impossible. Forget actually fighting... Getting the stories/quests work fine.

My graphics are as low as they will go. I played in one of the betas and after reducing my graphics I was able to move around fine. But now that's not even helping. I get 4 bars on the meter, which suggests I should be fine...but not so much.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

i'm having the same exact problem

I am pretty sure that 'graphics card' is the bare minimum to run the game, the procesor is only .2 ghz above the min. The min requirement is an intel 4100. I would try to run in windowed mode at the lowest possible resolution to see what your fps is (i guess windowed mode helps some peoples FPS from what I have read). Don't forget to check and make sure your drivers are updated, if none of that works I would have no idea what to say other than you probably need a new computer, unfortunately.

Thank you for the quick answer!

Thanks for the comments. I will try a few things. I've updated the drivers, but that didn't help.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/13/2011, 21:08:50

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HPE-450t

BIOS: 07/12/10 14:03:04 Ver: 6.12

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Page File: 4255MB used, 12044MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_21301462&REV_00

Display Memory: 733 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB

Shared Memory: 3819 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Acer G235H

Monitor Model: P235H

Monitor Id: ACR00CB

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1094 (English)

Driver Version: 8.892.1.1000

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/24/2011 05:19:12, 862720 bytes

I just found out that, unlike the other graphic options, there are two choices for Shadows: low and off.

I just turned it off, and tried once again to change the resolution to 800X600.

It worked, and I now have a FPS of 10-20 (which means I don't run into walls... YAY!)

No need for a new computer (or a refund! Haha!)

Thanks for the comments. I will try a few things. I've updated the drivers, but that didn't help.

Thats a really quick pc, processor is a beast... your graphics card is a major pitfall though, and I am 100% sure that if anything is slowing you down, it's that.

*edit* I am starting to wonder if this might have something to do with AMD graphics cards.

Edited by Deadeyedave

Another thing for those of you who may have been playing all day, they might not have fixed the memory leak this games fairly bad for...if you open task manager and see swtor.exe at a few gigs, close out of the game completely and then log back in...repeat as needed.

possible warning signs: you were fine earlier and it got worse through the day.