The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Return of former popular armor sets

rikkieikkie

i'd like to see some former popular armor sets return to the CM. Also, make them less expensive!

Every armor set i like in either the cartel market or the 'collections'-tab is always around 2100 CC, and i actually hate the fact i always need to find a way to get those i like and only and up with a way in which they somehow cost even more, like on the GTN.

Its always the same with the GTN btw, the people who just want to get a cool set of armor always click the close button on the GTN-tab disappointed, because almost EVERY DAMN set costs about 1 million creds. its an absolute disgrace!

Sure, i try to get some creds too when i put something up for sale, but not higher then 180.000 creds maximum, while others, mostly people without a life to my opinion, always place their items for 1,500,000 to 8,600,000 or even more.

So yeah, this is a suggestion but also a complaint, and i will stay with this complaint whether you all like it or not, cus the info i mention above almost caused me to stop playing swtor multiple times

Thanks for reading

A million credits is what you can earn in well under a week of an hour a night playing Heroic missions. Select them carefully to get a good return rate in "credits per hour", and you're laughing. Sure, it takes a bit more work to earn ten or twenty million, but there are ways even there. Gather stuff (take Bioanalysis and Scavenging to recover junk from slain droids and beasts, and gather from nodes), craft stuff that sells well, etc.

And if you're up against greedy sellers when you're buying, consider being a greedy seller when you're selling. Or sell lots of stuff to make up for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for previously available cartel items making periodic returns, and that is pretty standard in games. I'd be OK with them all being left available permanently as well, and just rotating the sales. Sounds like there are coming CM UI changes though so will have to see what that looks like.

I could agree on some price points seeming high but in some cases it may be merited or in line with the way other MMOs do it.

As to the pricing of armor on the GTN... that's a different animal and not so simple as being too pricey. A million or even several million credits is hardly outlandish for a full set of armor that translates to a real money purchase either through a direct CM or laundered through the RNG of pack drops. People making real purchases ought to be able to resell items for a solid chunk of credits since those purchases, be it from a CC buy or the stipend from subbing, are what keeps the game running. If someone did pay 2100 CC (ballpark 20 dollars) for some armor and decided to GTN it, I want them to get a LOT of credits for selling that armor. In fact from what I can gauge based on current cartel pack prices every dollar equivalent should be converting to something in the rough order of 1 million credits.

On the other hand in any MMO with an economy there is a persistent problem where the rich get richer by dominating the market, and they will buy up rare/in demand items on release and hoard/flip them for much more credits. No average player is going to be able to keep up with that tactic. There are limited solutions to that but one of them is form BW to offer old items again more frequently (one of many reasons I agree with that sentiment). Guild Wars 2 does this now with it's weapon skins dropping from lockboxes on rotation in order to limit some of the hoard+gouge patterns and it does seem to have been somewhat successful, though they also have different auction house design which also affects this.

That said I also don't want to shame people for playing the market a bit if it isn't out of control high-end gouging. It's smart not to sell in a glut and hold on until supply is lower, etc. I would strongly urge you to stop selling your own stuff for 180k. Years ago that may have been more appropriate, but these days only the cheapest armor sets sell for that low. If you want to move something fast, the f2p/preferred cap is a concern (though it should be raised at this point anyway to track somewhat to inflation, which would loosen up the market more), but otherwise the right price is more about the item rarity, demand, and cost of similar items. You may think you are being nice by selling cheap, but save that for dealing with friends, guildmates, or helping new players. Listing something at a low cost on the GTN or in trade chat is very possibly just going to someone who will flip it for more. Get what credits you can from your stuff and then you will be able to afford those ones you want to buy yourself more easily.

A million credits is what you can earn in well under a week of an hour a night playing Heroic missions. Select them carefully to get a good return rate in "credits per hour", and you're laughing. Sure, it takes a bit more work to earn ten or twenty million, but there are ways even there. Gather stuff (take Bioanalysis and Scavenging to recover junk from slain droids and beasts, and gather from nodes), craft stuff that sells well, etc.

And if you're up against greedy sellers when you're buying, consider being a greedy seller when you're selling. Or sell lots of stuff to make up for it.

There is literally list of heroic which can be completed in 46 minutes (measured it last time) and yeild on average 640 000.. that's 1,2M+ in hour of half spread across two days.