Bioware discusses ending development on SWTOR?

vedalyn

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts

"BioWare has also discussed ending development on the multiplayer online game Star Wars: The Old Republic, those sources said, although one person familiar with the studio told me recently that plans are still up in the air”

Has there been any updates from devs since this article? I’m pretty new to swtor just feel bummed if they stop development especially if we don’t get closure for the story. I really hope they release a new expansion to atleast give us closure on the story before development stops. Idk just with dragon age and anthem there likely to just end it. Sorry if this post come off bad but I really enjoyed the story of this game thus far in comparison to other mmos I’ve played

Edited by vedalyn

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-down-on-anthem-as-pressure-mounts

"BioWare has also discussed ending development on the multiplayer online game Star Wars: The Old Republic, those sources said, although one person familiar with the studio told me recently that plans are still up in the air”

Has there been any updates from devs since this article? I’m pretty new to swtor just feel bummed if they stop development especially if we don’t get closure for the story. I really hope they release a new expansion to atleast give us closure on the story before development stops. Idk just with dragon age and anthem there likely to just end it. Sorry if this post come off bad but I really enjoyed the story of this game thus far in comparison to other mmos I’ve played

There is no link the post been removed or something....

It's quite normal to transfer manpower from a project that runs well with little maintenance to an important project in progress to meet the deadlines there. This happens in every business, nothing strange here.

This thread is about you reading in an article that well informed sources told the author that they have heard that Bioware DISCUSSED ending development of Swtor. (Or stopping development of 6.0 until they have more breathing room with Anthem development? Who knows? None of us were there, not even the Kotaku author.). All we know is that BW's answer to the article was teasing 6.0.

I highly doubt that Bioware has much to say in the matter. EA pays the bills, EA collects our money. If EA wants to keep Swtor running, and BW refuses to do so, EA will fire them, close down what remains of Bioware and assign Swtor to Motive Studios. If EA decides today that Swtor isn't worth it, the servers may not come up again tomorrow, but why should they? 20 years old Ultima Online is still running, (And soon going F2P).

What will end Swtor for sure is revenue sinking below maintenance costs, Disney not extending the license, or the release of the next star wars mmo.

Edited by Mubrak

Biowareist 1: Ending development on SWTOR would be a bad idea, wouldn't it?

Biowareist 2: Yeah, I agree.

These two dudes "discussed ending development on SWTOR". And yet there's nothing to fear.

Sure, that might not be how it went, but it does show that "they discussed X" is essentially meaningless without some knowledge of how the discussion went.

Dude chill, Keith has already teased at a 6.0 and we've got a roadmap coming, likely this week or the next.

Oh ok thank you lol maybe it was to much coffee and just late night. I just started to play this game to read that it was ending possibly made me sad