The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Character Customization Options!

It must be said, that I am loving the recent batch of dyes in more muted shades (Coldweather, Honorable General, Forest Camo, Olive Green, Deck Officer, Fleet Commander, Force Trainee, Naval Officer etc.), as well as the new hairstyles for Humans, Mirialan, Miraluka, Cyborg, Chiss, Cathar and Sith Pureblood.

In a similar vein, it would be great to see additions to the two Zabrak races - more eye colours, especially more hairstyles and horns - it's a shame we can't use the new hairstyles on them, as most of the current styles leave more head than hair. Also, Twi'leks would be wonderful with a few more colours/shades - purple and personally a nice shade of yellowy-orange :jawa_redface: Or possibly even a slider for varying the intensity of colour (e.g. light purple or deep purple). Also more headbands, perhaps in silver instead of gold for a change?

One thing in particular that is bothersome regarding Twi'leks is that (at least for females) Body Type 1 doesn't allow for the 'Asian' style faces. I always go for that style across other species, but also always play BT 1, so I'm still without a decent Twi'lek character. :jawa_frown:

In short, please keep the character customizations coming! Thank you :jawa_smile:

Black Hair for all races that don't have proper Black Hair yet (Humans, Cyborgs, Mirialan etc.) would also be nice :D

Those species do have black hair, but some of the newer hairstyles are bugged and bleach out whatever colour you use with them, and the black hair colour bleaches out to be a sort of dark barf green.

But that's a problem with the hairstyles rather than the hair colours.

Those species do have black hair, but some of the newer hairstyles are bugged and bleach out whatever colour you use with them, and the black hair colour bleaches out to be a sort of dark barf green.

But that's a problem with the hairstyles rather than the hair colours.

Actually even the old Hairstyles have a green shade in their Black Hair. Its just way more noticable in the new ones.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/7A8Jr

Want also to suggest to give us the ability to give our chars the look of "older faces" and to better customize the dark-side influence

Forgot about this - this has always been something I'd like too. I used to use the last scar customization for the worn/eyebags look, but it would be nice to have skin texture and crows feet, or some good stubble. Might be asking too much detail, but at least for an aged appearance there have plenty of NPCs with such a look, from middle aged or older.

More character customization is always a good thing! I loved the new hairstyles, makeup and eye colors! The new complexion was great too. Please more of those :)

Yes, more complexions would be great for all races. Some nicer or more realistic eyebrows, was a nice detail with the beauty spot in that new one.

Black Hair for all races that don't have proper Black Hair yet (Humans, Cyborgs, Mirialan etc.) would also be nice :D

This too I've seen in general chat. It is a shame that we only get a graphite grey or that odd green tinted shade. One of the recent dyes had a much deeper black than usual, so perhaps it's something they can do.

Also, again I might be a tad too fussy now, but hairlines might be something to consider. Some have an odd hairline at the back of the neck, or the forehead, that make otherwise nice hairstyles look a bit odd, at least with lighter colours and shades of skin with dark hair. Some of the newer hairstyles had an odd texture, too. It feels like different people have been working on them, as some are excellent quality and some are (sorry but) terrible. :jawa_angel:

I would love a black with different color streaks in it. Like blue, red, or purple. That might help it look better than what it does now.

Streaks or highlights would be cool, yes. Or an option for "secondary hair colour", if that's something their 'engine' or whatever could do one day.

Actually even the old Hairstyles have a green shade in their Black Hair. Its just way more noticable in the new ones.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/7A8Jr

That raises another request of the devs - if they might consider altering the character modification background to something more neutral, as it's hard to gauge colour with the blue lighting on the character. Many a time I have equipped armor or a weapon or changed skin/hair tone only to find it's not what I thought in a neutral setting. The blue is pretty old, a refresh would be nice :jawa_smile:

I'm glad to see the further suggestions here! They always keep QoL in mind so we can hope! :jawa_smile:

I would like to see more wrinkles available in complexions as well. My wise Jedi needs them! :D The liver spot option is well...BLAH. There are plenty of NPCs with wrinkles so I know its already a skin option for characters they just have to allow us that same option. :cool: