The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Comments on PvE DPS Build?

kwmarien

Just wanted to give a 2nd spec I'm thinking about, one who doesn't "waste" as many points as in my previous build, in my opinion anyway.

This is the build I'm currently contemplating: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhMZMsr0oZfGMrzh.1

With this build I only "waste" 2 points in the Pyrotech Endurance Skill since I couldn't find anywhere else to put those 2 points to better use.

In addition, with this build I have proper dmg output from Rail Shot / Rocket Punch / Flame Burst / Retr Blade / Incendiary Missile

Which should be enough to have a good DPS rotation going imo.

Not to mention the other nifty traits you get from this build like increased AIM/Armor and Cooldown Reductions and such.

What do you guys think about this build, I'm very interested to hear constructive criticism about either of those builds I mentioned so far. ^^

Thanks in advance, cheers.

I get the idea of your build and it's not a bad one, but I think going that high into the AP tree is going to be an overall DPS drop as you are sacrificiing the 30% increased crit damage on rail shot for the 25% chance of guaranteed rail shot crits on RP and RB. It might work out well though, I'd try out both once dps meters are out, but I would suggest getting rid of prototype flame thrower and putting those 2 points into rapid venting (you'll need it as pyrotech!) also the 2% endurance isn't as nice as the heat venting when stunned/incapacitated or the guaranteed snare if you like to pvp, especially since if you're melee most tanks will guard you anyway

Thank you kindly for the input and advice, I also think that those 2 points in Endurance would be better used elsewhere, and faster venting = more abilities = more dps, so it sounds like a better place to put those points.

I'll definitely test out lots of build once the DPS meters are out, but until then I'll edit my build into what you suggested since it seems like a better build for pure DPS'ing ^^

Thanks again. :)

EDIT: I really prefer my 2nd build over my 1st one, especially with the Rapid Venting implemented, it's for future use ofc since I'm not high enough lvl yet but it seems like it'll be a great build to use for DPS ^^

Edited by kwmarien