The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will this laptop run smothly on swtor

darksidemjwadham

Is this a good enough laptop it's called (LENOVO*80XL03FVUK 15.6" Laptop - Platinum Grey) for the swtor game without its lagging and saying " not responding "

1. Achieve fast computing with the latest tech

2. Windows 10

3. Intel core i5-7200U processor

4. Ram 8GB / storage 2TB HDD

5. Full HD display

Please let me know as I need to get a laptop to run smothly for my swtor

It might, but equally it might not.

The CPU's a bit slow(1), and I can't find anything that tells me what graphics chip it uses, which leads me to suspect that it uses the Intel integrated device AND (because there is no indication otherwise) it uses system memory for the graphics (rather than dedicated memory).

Both of these imply that its performance will, quite frankly, suck.

Avoid.

(1) It's a 2.5GHz dual-core, which puts its performance well below my nearly seven-year-old i5-760, four cores at 2.8GHz. Mine manages, but not if shadows are on. For ... reasons, it was slow when I bought it back then, but this laptop is slower still.

• 4 weeks later...
barely I bought this for my child Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM 15.6-Inch FHD Notebook (Intel Core i3-7100U 7th Generation , 4GB DDR4, 1TB 5400RPM HD, Intel HD Graphics 620, Windows 10 Home), it plays overwatch just fine and it wa shalf the price as the you have it also plays swtor as well and gw2 for $400 not bad

• 2 weeks later...
I have no issues running this on a very old ( 6+year) asus laptop with roughly the same specs as the ts......

a little changing of the in game setting and no issues

Sure, but there's no way I'd recommend it as a new buy *today* where one of the purposes is "play SWTOR". If you have one already, and want to try SWTOR on it, sure, go for it, but don't buy it if you know you'll want to try SWTOR on it.

If you are going to be playing video games I'd highly recommend getting a PC. But if that is not an option then I would go for something a bit more specified for gaming such as a Lenovo y510p. You want to look for a good amount of RAM (6gb minimum) and a decent processor (I'd say minimum 2,8GHz).

I used to play on a laptop with an external GPU using the EXP GDC. Worked out fine, a pretty big mess though but that's the last option.

Or just save some money and get an Alienware or MSI :p.