Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Whats the point of having any account security!

Major_Mayhem

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be the only one wondering how this thread has lasted this long on the forums. I honestly can't believe some mod hasn't nixed it yet. Maybe letting it last a little as a warning? LoL

Maybe the mods are just as entertained by train-wreck threads as we are...

I can't be the only one wondering how this thread has lasted this long on the forums. I honestly can't believe some mod hasn't nixed it yet. Maybe letting it last a little as a warning? LoL

The mods are probably still sleeping off all the yummy Christmas food. :)

I think if they can prove it was really a hacker they shouldn't ban the account since the holder wasn't the one who made those charges.
Or so he says.

These things need to be investigated and in the meantime if a hacker was involved, the account has to be shut down at least temporarily to avoid further abuse by any hacker.

Bioware has a maximum set of 5 purchases per month for cartel coins. This is why 5 purchases were made and not more. If the op had been a little more patient he could've talked to CS first and get it sorted. By taking action via his credit card company he got the automated response of a ban. However, he can still talk to CS and get things sorted but in the meantime his account is frozen.

Apparently that shouldn't be a problem for him because he already indicated last week that he was quitting the game because he lost his names. So I guess that the account ban isn't an issue for him.

Ya think that this may be part of the reason?

I thought I lost my credits and gear in the server change (The name yes, but the credit and stuff no) I didn't realize what had happened until I notice I lost about 5K in cartel coins I've been saving as a subscriber since the introduced cartel coins.

I'm canceling because support sucks ... obviously!

I've been a sub for years and the customer support has always been on point for me.

Edited by RagnarAugustus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.