Outlander Character Token is bugged.

Bakuugo

Hi, my friends and I just recently used a Outlander Character Token to recieve a lvl 65 boost for creating a new character. It is supposed to work soon as you right click the item. We tried to log out and in, even quit the whole game and log back in again, still dosent work. Can someone please fix this? Or does anyone know what to do?

Hi, my friends and I just recently used a Outlander Character Token to recieve a lvl 65 boost for creating a new character. It is supposed to work soon as you right click the item. We tried to log out and in, even quit the whole game and log back in again, still dosent work. Can someone please fix this? Or does anyone know what to do?

The Outlander tokens just add one to the number of directly-boosted characters you may create. Look at the number on the "Create character" button. Did this go up by one? Note: it does NOT immediately launch the character creation process.

That said, there are reports of weirdness where you buy one and when you use it, it goes back into the "Unclaimed items" page. Is that what happened to you?

The Outlander tokens just add one to the number of directly-boosted characters you may create. Look at the number on the "Create character" button. Did this go up by one? Note: it does NOT immediately launch the character creation process.

That said, there are reports of weirdness where you buy one and when you use it, it goes back into the "Unclaimed items" page. Is that what happened to you?

i checked the unclaimed part as well. Nothing there.

i checked the unclaimed part as well. Nothing there.

Right, so go look at the Create Character button on the character selection screen. By it, there should be a number that tells you how many "boosted" characters you can create. For me, it says, "1 Boosted Characters," complete with an erroneous "plural s".

BUT, to be clear, if you bought the token from the Cartel Market!:

* Select token, click Buy.

* ON THE SAME CHARACTER, in the Unclaimed Items area, click Claim All or click the button to claim the individual item.

* ON THE SAME CHARACTER, open the Inventory panel and right-click the item you just bought and claimed.

* Log out of the character, back to the character selection screen, and see if the number of Boosted Characters has gone up.

If you bought it on the GTN or in a direct player-to-player trade:

* Receive the item (by mail if you used the GTN, by the trade window if you bought it directly).

* Open your inventory panel and right-click the item you just bought and claimed.

* Log out of the character, back to the character selection screen, and see if the number of Boosted Characters has gone up.

If the number of Boosted Characters didn't go up after you followed exactly those steps, then you have a problem that will require the intervention of Customer Service.

If you can't even create a start-at-1 character either, then you need to EITHER buy one or more Character Slot unlocks OR delete enough characters to be under the limit.

I can confirm this bug. I buyed an Outlander Token, used it and then logged out to create a new character, but I just were able to create a level 1-char.

Luckily, the support granted me the boosted character after I messaged them, so no real problem here.

I can confirm this bug. I buyed an Outlander Token, used it and then logged out to create a new character, but I just were able to create a level 1-char.

Luckily, the support granted me the boosted character after I messaged them, so no real problem here.

Did u send them a message directly? A ticket or how did u contact them? And How Long sid it take before they fixed it?

Wait really? I bought a token in the Grand Trade Network for about 18 million and I messaged them because it's bugged but I haven't gotten a reply. At least I think I messaged them correctly, I wrote a ticket in the game and made a bug report here but nothing has been done. Did you do anything different?

Thanks

Wait really? I bought a token in the Grand Trade Network for about 18 million and I messaged them because it's bugged but I haven't gotten a reply. At least I think I messaged them correctly, I wrote a ticket in the game and made a bug report here but nothing has been done. Did you do anything different?

Thanks

Don't make a bug report ticket in-game (here, yes, but not in-game). Those don't get Customer Service answers.

Hmm Okay, How do I make a report here? Can you send me a link? Or give directions?

Posting here is one way, but the "official" tech support forum is not on these forums.

Try at https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic/

EDIT: and if you have a problem requiring customer service intervention in-game, make a ticket in-game, but don't use the "Bug Report" feature. Bug Report in-game tickets don't go to Customer Service.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Posting here is one way, but the "official" tech support forum is not on these forums.

Try at https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic/

EDIT: and if you have a problem requiring customer service intervention in-game, make a ticket in-game, but don't use the "Bug Report" feature. Bug Report in-game tickets don't go to Customer Service.

Okay, thank you :)

Alright I'll try that. Thank you.

I had the same problem: used a token, locked out to see the selection screen and there was still „0 boosted characters“ :confused: then I remembered reading something about the token being bugged right now here on the forum :eek:

Wrote a ticket, hopefully I get my token back or the „1 boosted character“