Accuracy

AeetesSixFive

Since Ive seen ppl wondering about this, to which tooltip it shows. The way I feel with accuracy is 100%+ Is for pvp, because if we look back on MMOs 'hit' had a point where it came unnessacary. This is how I feel about it for PvE 100% is what you should strive for, then push towards other stats.

As of right now, Im pretty sure, the tooltip reads that it reduces defenses i.e dodge parry reflect. Im probably going to stay around 100%, I havent started running 50 flashpoints yet to actually see what its like on higher lvl mobs but with standing behind the target and 100% acc I would think the diminish in defense wouldnt matter for PvE.

Accuracy is a big ???. Its the kind of thing we really need a combat log to understand.

For a sentinel.

Main hand attacks have a 90% chance to hit. offhand 60% chance.

Special attacks main hand have a 100% chance to hit. offhand 70%.

(what exactly IS a special attack? no clue. There is no auto attack. aren't they ALL special attacks?)

Force attacks 100% chance to hit.

accuracy over 100% penetrates DEFENSE.

Defense is melee parry, ranged deflect and resistance.

As a sentinel, my defense is:

melee parry 5%, ranged deflect 5%, resistance 0, resistance 0

So, seemingly vs another equal level player:

105% accuracy is all you need for melee/ranged attacks. For FORCE attacks, no accuracy is needed at all. I have no idea why resistance is listed twice.

I have no idea if negative values increases damage somehow.

Not sure how raids will effect parry rates. looking at some vids, I see raid bosses at level 50. Thus assume no artificial level 53 wow nonsense.

I think that special attacks are considered our melee force attacks, like Blade Storm, force sweep..I think. If 105% is the number to strive for than that would make sense in a way too me. But after that I think itll be useless to put more towards it.
105% would be the magic number going against anyone who doesn't have an ounce of Defense on their character. At level 50 on my Sentinel, adding a mere 55 Defense is good for an almost 7% avoidance rate (5(base)+2.97%). As such, you should expect to need more than 105% if you want to hit tanks (and presumably bosses/end game content) with higher regularity.

105% would be the magic number going against anyone who doesn't have an ounce of Defense on their character. At level 50 on my Sentinel, adding a mere 55 Defense is good for an almost 7% avoidance rate (5(base)+2.97%). As such, you should expect to need more than 105% if you want to hit tanks (and presumably bosses/end game content) with higher regularity.

oh, right good point.

Champion guardian/jugg gear has about 9% defense.

So about 115% for them.

105% accuracy is all you need for melee/ranged attacks. For FORCE attacks, no accuracy is needed at all. I have no idea why resistance is listed twice.

You want +5% accuracy for force attacks (Blade Storm, Force Sweep, anything that is YELLOW damage and does not proc an offhand hit). These are "PHYSICAL ATTACKS THAT USE FORCE POWER AS THEIR SCALING STAT".

As you say, +15% acc for regular attacks. These include the cone aoe, Strike, Master Strike, Slash, Annihilate (31pt Watchman), Precision Strike, Blade Rush, etc.

Against premades you probably want +20% for regular attacks (5% miss debuff), but that is optional.

I did not say 120%.

+20% accuracy means 110% on the base character sheet. Since your base is 90% for white hits.

Some people have speculated that bosses have a 10% parry chance. So this would end up at the same number: 90 + 10% + 10% = 110%.

90+10%=100% is an initial breakpoint though, since that will 'softcap' accuracy for your yellow hits. That will make a major difference in DPS. The second 10% is a question. It's probably worth it, but it will only affect your white hits, not your yellow ones.