The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add a Sith entity and a Jedi force ghost companion.

cool-dude

Ehhh... I wouldn't want the lore stretched that much. How the hell would a blaster or worse, a melee weapon not wielded by a Force user hurt a Force Ghost? Why is the Jedi ghost not imparting a quip of wisdom or two then departing? Why is the Sith ghost not trying to kill/possess you? For that matter, if you're Darth Nox, why aren't you trying to eat them?:D

As a limited thing (instanced mission/chapter) this might not be too bad. I liked the Valkorion mind stuff. But a ghost to send out crafting? I'd vote no.

Ehhh... I wouldn't want the lore stretched that much. How the hell would a blaster or worse, a melee weapon not wielded by a Force user hurt a Force Ghost? Why is the Jedi ghost not imparting a quip of wisdom or two then departing? Why is the Sith ghost not trying to kill/possess you? For that matter, if you're Darth Nox, why aren't you trying to eat them?:D

As a limited thing (instanced mission/chapter) this might not be too bad. I liked the Valkorion mind stuff. But a ghost to send out crafting? I'd vote no.

Agreed

Edited by FlameYOL

And a Chiss Jedi isn't stretching it?

Does the lore say that it's absolutely impossible for a Chiss to defect or become a Jedi? I don't actually know but if the lore does say that it would be incredibly silly. I mean, if the Chiss were all born dark side ... but even "pure blood" sith aren't born dark side so eh. I just don't see how a Chiss Jedi is that much of a stretch.

Does the lore say that it's absolutely impossible for a Chiss to defect or become a Jedi? I don't actually know but if the lore does say that it would be incredibly silly. I mean, if the Chiss were all born dark side ... but even "pure blood" sith aren't born dark side so eh. I just don't see how a Chiss Jedi is that much of a stretch.

There have been Chiss Jedi and even Chiss who fell to the dark side. I believe a Clone Wars comic contains a Chiss Padawan, although they're rare from what I know.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sev%27rance_Tann

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nuru_Kungurama

and of course Master Ranos.

Now you show me your lore example of a Force ghost manservant to a smuggler that gets taken out by a droid...

And for those genuinely curious, Chiss Force-sensitivity is rare but it does exist. And the reason actually trained Force-users are even rarer is because they're isolated from any Force using sect for most of the Star Wars timeline. Apart from this inexplicable alliance with the Sith Empire, which does stretch the lore a little, the Chiss aren't even aware of the existence of droids themselves, let alone the Republic or the greater galaxy. Oh well, there's 3000 years before the time of Thrawn and the movies. Plenty of time for them to forget, and be forgotten.

The lore issue isn't whether a Chiss can be force sensitive. it has more to do with the cultural and political atmosphere the lore of the game has presented. If a Chiss can be a jedi, and the things that do not make sense about it are simply a matter of head canon, I don't see why a Force Ghost or Sith Spirit cannot be added. I mean, seriously, Bioware didn't add Master Ranos because it made sense, they did it because a Chiss with lightsabers is cool.

The lore issue isn't whether a Chiss can be force sensitive. it has more to do with the cultural and political atmosphere the lore of the game has presented. If a Chiss can be a jedi, and the things that do not make sense about it are simply a matter of head canon, I don't see why a Force Ghost or Sith Spirit cannot be added. I mean, seriously, Bioware didn't add Master Ranos because it made sense, they did it because a Chiss with lightsabers is cool.

The Chiss Ascendency is allied with the Empire but Chiss are not a hive mind. There is nothing stopping an individual from joining the Republic or, if they're Force-sensitive, becoming a Jedi. Indeed, the most famous Chiss in existence broke away from his people to join a foreign government.

A Force-ghost hanging around (in some cases) a relative nobody (from the perspective of the Force), performing menial tasks and getting knocked around by mundane weapons and gadgets is lore-breaking, and so much so that Rule of Cool does not justify it.

Edited by CrutchCricket

• 2 weeks later...