The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

level 60 boosters

killzoneash

hi can anyone help im a new player that subbed and i bought level 60 booster but i bought it on my level 68 jedi with i realized was wrong i wanted to use it on my sith side what my question is can i mail it to my sith side when the bound to charictor timer had ended or do i have to contact support for help . hopefuly a game dev will see this post

hi can anyone help im a new player that subbed and i bought level 60 booster but i bought it on my level 68 jedi with i realized was wrong i wanted to use it on my sith side what my question is can i mail it to my sith side when the bound to charictor timer had ended or do i have to contact support for help . hopefuly a game dev will see this post

It is not meant to boost an existing character to level 60. It allows you to create a new character directly at level 60 (but at the beginning of KotFE(1)) or at level 65 (but at the beginning of KotET(2)). Use it once to add one "token" to your character-creation page.

You may be confusing this with the up-coming level 70 boost token which *does* boost an existing character but does not advance their story. That's not in the game yet.

(1) Knights of the Fallen Empire, the 4.0 expansion pack released two years ago. A character boosted to level 60 (or any character that reaches level 60 naturally AND begins KotFE) cannot finish the "base" class story missions, nor the Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Emperor missions that go a long way to explaining what all your allies in KotFE are arguing about.

(2) Knights of the Eternal Throne, the 5.0 expansion pack released a year ago. A character boosted to 65 (or a character who reaches level 65 naturally and begins KotET without finishing KotFE and/or the class story missions) has all the restrictions of at boost-to-60 character AND also cannot choose how things go in KotFE. That can be important.

Conclusion: in general, especially for a new *player*, it is best to avoid the insta-60/insta-65 token because it skips over some of the best storytelling in the game AND puts you in "end-game" conditions without you having time to learn how your character works.

EDIT: and to answer the question, yes, once the timer finishes, you can mail it to your other character, but, as explained above, doing so serves no purpose whatsoever.

Edited by SteveTheCynic