What I realized about story and rewards.

merovejec

I was doing some planetary bonuses to finish up all the stuff on my imperial Alt, when one thing popped into my mind. There were quite a few missions where you helped conquer the planet (again) and the story from the NPCs sometimes was that they will give you a LOT of wealth so that you will be a "made man".

This was actually funny cause the quest credit reward was quite silly! I mean why make such a story about you "not having to worry about credits no more" when you then get like 20k credits?? With so much money you can barely buy a speeder on fleet.

Im curious if anyone ever realized this.

Im curious if anyone ever realized this.

Way back when I first did the quest for Ismar Bengle (?name) in Grathan's compound on DK. She promised that I'd be rich beyond the dreams of average(1), and all I got was a few hundred credits. That would have been some time during 2014, when Jannia'kinth (now "Kylara Nightsong") followed Lord Zash to the Imperial capital.

(1) Deliberately mangled version of "rich beyond the dreams of avarice"(2) that I inherited from my mother.

(2) Greed for money. "Greed" is ambiguous, and is best separated into lust (sex), avarice (money), gluttony (food), and so on.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Yeah I think it was the Balmorra bonus series where I was also promised sooo much money that it will be enough for my entire life, well I guess he didnt consider the inflation costs due to credit exploits :)

Its actually funny cause it doesnt go even with the story, I mean I would be willing to go with the darkside choice of not reporting him to the empire, but he offers me a share of his money (which was supposed to be enough for my life) but I know I get 10k credits, so there is no motivation for dark side choice.

kind of like the pub story on belsavis where the end "Boss" tells you of "powerful" stuff on ilum he'll give you if you make a certain choice.... and you end up with a green item like gloves or a belt which aren't even level-synced with where you are by the time you land on Ilum.

Dark Side bosses are liars..... :D

kind of like the pub story on belsavis where the end "Boss" tells you of "powerful" stuff on ilum he'll give you if you make a certain choice.... and you end up with a green item like gloves or a belt which aren't even level-synced with where you are by the time you land on Ilum.

Dark Side bosses are liars..... :D

Pfft. You get that everywhere. The mission where you find the Twi'lek's body and go off in search of manka cat teeth for his daughter's medicine is another example. His widow gives you an item that was previously his, saying that it had helped him previously. These days it's just vendor fodder (and I think even the first time I did that mission in 2013 (a few weeks before 2.0 came out) it was already just vendor fodder).

Yeah this does kinda suck.

I mean not like there is something they can do about it. Like, they cant have a simple mission award you 10 mil credits :D eventhough that would be nice, but would probably be game breaking. Still there is then no motivation for the choices you make in the story. Since ending up as "a made man" and chosing the dark side is no different than doing the right thing and you end up with basically same award. The only differenc is light and dark side points, which you can now get from simply doing Gathering Skills.