SWTOR Team, I'd like some Cartel Coins, please (forced character rename)

Mngwa

I have a level 14 (sorry, not a power leveler type, I play and level slowly) Sith Assassin on Begeren Colony server, with a very obscure and unique name that I put a lot of thought into. My character name WAS Xodar.

Apparently someone else got to keep that name (and I'm not angry with them at all, the fact that they also used the name means they are a fan of similar fiction).

Still, it was shocking and annoying.

I'm a bit of an RP-type player, so I've got to come up with another character (probably change race) and a new name for a new character.

I figure the least you guys could do is credit EVERYONE who had a 'forced name change' with the server migration the # of Cartel Coins required for a character name change.

Is it symbolic? Hell yes, you can't ever get your character name back. But it would ease the sting of the hassle, so to speak.

Anyone have any idea how they determine who gets to keep a name during server migration? Is the the higher level character? Time played?

If the remaining 'Xodar' is max. level and doing all the ****** high level stuff, I'm fine with him getting the name.

But your migration did cause some headaches for what is a very solid and loyal player base. Some Cartel Coins would mean a lot, and go a long way in terms of alleviating headaches, for all your loyal players.

Regards,

They did post the criteria, but since you are both subs, the other player is also active and has more play time than you. They aren't going to give you cartel coins because you got a rename, though. They'll figure the rename they "gave" you will be sufficient.

I didn't have a forced name change, but I did have my Legacy name force changed to a lower ranking Legacy name than 2 other servers when merged into Satele Shan. I submitted a ticket and they told me the Legacy name is was given from Bastion was higher ranking. So apparently in their opinion, 1 level 17 character and a Legacy Rank of 1 had a higher ranking than the other 2 servers it merged with that had all of my primary toons on with Legacy Rank 50. So their solution was for me to buy a Legacy Rename from the Cartel Market since they were having a sale on them, how convenient. They probably knew there would be issues due to their failed QA Dept. and Devs so they gave us a sale on the items they knew we would need to fix these things rather than just giving us the rename option for free.

I have a level 14 (sorry, not a power leveler type, I play and level slowly) Sith Assassin on Begeren Colony server, with a very obscure and unique name that I put a lot of thought into. My character name WAS Xodar.

Apparently someone else got to keep that name (and I'm not angry with them at all, the fact that they also used the name means they are a fan of similar fiction).

I'm a bit of an RP-type player, so I've got to come up with another character (probably change race) and a new name for a new character.

I figure the least you guys could do is credit EVERYONE who had a 'forced name change' with the server migration the # of Cartel Coins required for a character name change.

You can get a brand new character up to 14 in less than an hour and the name change was free. I'm not totally against BW giving away a small amount of CC to everyone as a gesture of goodwill for those who have been inconvenienced by the merge but you're not really making a case for it here.

[source]

LIMITED-TIME: Tuesday, November 7 - Thursday, November 16

Following the United Forces update, we’ve made it easier for you to rename your characters, guild and more – these services are now 70% off!

Just be sure to do the rename before 16th November when the 70% discount ends

Character Rename 1,000 Cartel Coins NOW 300 CARTEL COINS

Guild Rename 3,000 Cartel Coins NOW 900 CARTEL COINS

Legacy Rename 1,000 Cartel Coins NOW 300 CARTEL COINS

Flagship Rename 1,500 Cartel Coins NOW 450 CARTEL COINS

Edited by OwenBrooks

Is it symbolic? Hell yes, you can't ever get your character name back. But it would ease the sting of the hassle, so to speak.

Anyone have any idea how they determine who gets to keep a name during server migration? Is the the higher level character? Time played?

If the remaining 'Xodar' is max. level and doing all the ****** high level stuff, I'm fine with him getting the name.

But your migration did cause some headaches for what is a very solid and loyal player base. Some Cartel Coins would mean a lot, and go a long way in terms of alleviating headaches, for all your loyal players.

Regards,

You already got your free name change. In order to even log that character on, after the merge, you had to change his name - at no charge to you. Try using alt codes if you haven't already used the freebie name change.

*snip*

Regards,

I had four I needed to rename.

The criteria was simple;

Subscriber + Time Played + level > Subscriber + Level > Pref Time Played + Level > Time Played + Level > F2P.

If you were level 14 and anyone above 14 had the name, you lost it. Even with higher time played as those are often seen as name place holders. Especially as a level 14. You can hit that in an hour or so if not quicker with the xp event.

If you were F2P and the other was a subscriber, you lost it. The person who is paying to play the game takes priority.

I lost names on level 70s and had no issues renaming the characters. It cost me nothing. The vast majority of my characters kept their names - out of 50 on my primary account I lost 4. From my second account out of 28 characters I lost 3 names. One of which was a level 1 which I expected to lose the name to even though I had rolled her up for RP purposes I just hadn't gotten around to leveling her, the other one was from another server and I lost the name to myself.

When renaming your character remember you can use a name with a first and a last name. So while you may feel it's an inconvenience there are a lot of things you can do to 'recover' the name.

I tend to avoid using any names that are specific to a particular book or series if I can and try for more unique names because it avoids the conflicts, and if at all possible I rather not end up as Drizzt5659 or XxLeiaxX.