Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cartel Purchases Not Showing in Collections

lknewsome

If you *just* buy the item and claim it from the "Unclaimed items" view, that is not enough for it to be in Collections.

You have to use / equip / whatever the item:

* Wear armour or put it in an Outfit Designer slot or have a companion wear it.

* Carry a weapon or have a companion carry it.

* Put a colour crystal or weapon tuning in a weapon.

* Modify in any way a weapon or piece of armour (insert armoring/hilt/barrel, mod, or enhancement, add tuning or crystal)

* Use a mount, emote, or toy.

Possibly other things. Any of those will put the item in Collections.

If that isn't happening, it's ticket time.

* Wear armour or put it in an Outfit Designer slot or have a companion wear it.

I'm not sure about the companion part. It seems to me that your character has to equip it.

But in any case, you just have to equip it - once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked, and you can remove it. Several times, I've equipped an entire armor set to unlock it and then removed the parts of the set I didn't want to wear and/or transferred the set (or parts of it) to a companion.

Edit - I forgot to mention. If you buy just one piece of a 'set' of armor, it won't show up in collections. You have to buy and equip the whole set.

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm not sure about the companion part. It seems to me that your character has to equip it.

It does work on the companion. In essence, the requirement, no matter what you are trying to inject into Collections, is that you permanently bind(1) the item to your character. Equipping armour or weapons directly onto a companion does bind them to the character.

(1) The 36-hour "new CM purchase" bind doesn't count, of course.

• 2 years later...
If you bought it from the CM, did you "claim" the item from the CM window?

Did you equip the weapon, or 'all' the pieces of an armor set?

And bear in mind for an eight-piece set (Resort Swimwear, Ancient Je'daii, Darth Malgus Reborn, etc.), you *can* do it because the pieces don't have to *all* be equipped at the same time. Example: to fully bind the Resort Swimwear set, equip one chest, then the other, then all the other pieces.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.