Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Returned after a while away... one server, 44 characters?

Melodyrinselm

So... I just got back and found out I have to delete, like, 90% of my characters in order to be able to make new characters, because the servers merged. This seems a bit... uh... problematic, as I have to activate characters and see what they have before deleting them... and this is a lot of work. Can someone direct me to wherever EA/bioware talked about this change?

So... I just got back and found out I have to delete, like, 90% of my characters in order to be able to make new characters, because the servers merged. This seems a bit... uh... problematic, as I have to activate characters and see what they have before deleting them... and this is a lot of work. Can someone direct me to wherever EA/bioware talked about this change?

Here you go http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

I was concerned at first when I logged into find 44 characters on one server. I was more concerned when, after deleting a level 1 name-holder alt, my 44/44 count fell to 43/43. I spent most of yesterday sorting out inventories and culling the roster. I discovered that my current maximum is actually 41, so I didn't have to delete too many. Still, deleting characters is like eating peanuts. Once I started, I couldn't stop. After making sure to transfer credits and any swag in their vaults, I ended up deleting 19 characters. My current roster count is 23/41.

As an unrepentant altoholic, I had to overcome my urges and ask myself: "Do I really need three sets of capped crafters in all trades? Will I really ever play any of the myriad mid-level alts that transferred from the provinces?" I kept one capped crafter for each profession and all the capped gatherers. I kept all the guys over level 60. Most of the rest have joined the Force.

I feel better with (a) fewer names on my character-select screen and (b) having plenty of space to start new alts if I ever so desire.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.